Transportation to the Port Everglades

MaryL

Hi Mary! I am not sure about a complimentary car service. My hubs and I took a cab last year for about $16 to the Embassy Suites which is practically on the port so I would think you could get a taxi for less than $20. Hope that helps!

!

I haven't cruised in about 5 years. I do remember that we used to take an airport shuttle from the car rental terminal to the cruise port which was complimentary. Does this service still exist?

It depends on the car rental company. Some participate with the common shuttle and some don't and some have alternate service. So you need to call the rental company to confirm.

I just booked a rental with Budget (from MIA) for drop-off at Budget's 17th St. location which is supposedly a 10 min walk from the Port Everglades cruise port, and does have a shuttle from that site to the cruise port. $31 for a standard size car...

Edited by gryffin123

We recently took a cab from the cruiseport to the Avis rental site at the airport and it cost $12 plus tip.

Isn't there a rental car agency somewhere at the cruise port? I was hoping to rent a car from the cruise port and dropping off at the airport when we depart FLL.

I returned a car to FLL 2 weeks ago. To my knowledge, the only car rental company that offered a free shuttle to the port was Alamo/National. We waited about 20 minutes for the shuttle and it operates any day that a ship is at Port Everglades.

The Budget I rented from is their cruise port location- but none of the rental companies are on site there. Hertz and Budget (at least) offer free shuttles to the cruise port from their sites near the cruise port, but not from FLL.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I just booked a rental with Budget (from MIA) for drop-off at Budget's 17th St. location which is supposedly a 10 min walk from the Port Everglades cruise port, and does have a shuttle from that site to the cruise port....

Do not count on walking!! The 10 minute walk would be, at best, from the rental office to the cruise port GATE. Once you pass through the gate there will be another one or two miles on roads that are not pedestrian friendly at all. I walk a lot and this is one walk I would not want to make. If it was even possible (I don't know if security lets pedestrians in) then I know I'd end up very tense, hot and tired for embarkation. This is definitely a ride worth waiting for a shuttle or paying a cab for.

Isn't there a rental car agency somewhere at the cruise port? I was hoping to rent a car from the cruise port and dropping off at the airport when we depart FLL.

There is no car rental offices within the cruise port itself. There are several outside of the cruise port within a 1/2 mile or so of each of the two main port entrances. In addition, all of the car rental companies are located at the airport which is just a couple miles away.

I returned a car to FLL 2 weeks ago. To my knowledge, the only car rental company that offered a free shuttle to the port was Alamo/National. We waited about 20 minutes for the shuttle and it operates any day that a ship is at Port Everglades.

Every car rental location we used, or checked into, has offered transportation to/from the port. However, depending on the location (local vs. airport) the type of service they use differs. Some of the rental companies at the airport use the common airport rental bus and some do not. You can not just get on that bus without proof you are renting from one of the agencies that support the bus - the driver WILL check. Since I've not tried every car rental company at FLL I can't say that all of them provide port service which is why it is wise to call.

Also be aware that the bus, shuttles, or other transportation is often a little slow in coming and there is often at least a few people beyond each bus or shuttles capacity. So you might have to wait a little. It is not bad but does require a little patience. Inevitably there will sometimes be line cutters trying to sneak around others onto the bus or shuttle. Sometimes it is way for the embarkation day transfer as well. There have been times we've been waiting and seen no lines for cabs and just took a cab as it was worth the extra $10 fare.

Edited by Lsimon

Hello, I have a Budget car rental from MIA airport to Port Everglades on 1515 B 17th St. for this coming Saturday. Can anyone tell me if they offer a shuttle to the Princess cruise terminal? Thanks in advance.

Yes, Budget will shuttle you to your ship.