Wheelchairs

2red4u

Does NCL have wheelchairs that can be rented or of use free. If we are able to take my laws I know he won't be to stand in a long check in line or walk very far from taxi to check in. He won't need one on the cruise itself. But might getting off the ship at ports if the walk is long to their excursion bus, train or where they might go? He doesn't use one at home but does in an airport. If they are with me I drop them at door and then park at any stores or restaurant.

My post wont be the most informative one....sorry in advance

There is a independent company that does rental for cruise ships...do a search here on CC and you will find something...

At least you know it exist .... Sorry :(

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

For sure call the Access Desk and they will send you a form to fill out. If all you really want is a wheelchair during embarcation waits and on/off the ship at ports, there should be no problem. I had some back pain and all I had to do was look around and there were crew members with wheelchairs very willing to get you on/off the ship. If you want to actually rent a wheelchair, the company is called Special Needs At Sea and can be googled.

Edited by pizzalady1

The access desk is AMAZING! My daughter and I boarded the ship via the crew gangway due to her allergy, everyone knew our cabin number and her allergy. Let them know what you need and they will make it happen.

Yes, there are wheelchairs available for embarkation and debarkation. Contact the service desk to make arrangement if you need something onboard the ship it is a rental for the cruise length. There is only one vendor that has the port and cruise line clearance to deliver mobility equipment to your cabin. I believe when I called a couple weeks ago a manual wheelchair was $125 for the week and a walker with wheels and seat was also $125.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They will provide you with one only for boarding and disembarking. If you need one for use getting around the ship, or shore excursions, you can rent one, as mentioned.....but for not much more than renting one, you can buy your own lightweight compact 'transport type' wheelchair that you can use permanently. We bought one from Costco, that also can be used as a 'rollator'--very useful when walking around the ship on rough weather days, plus you always have a seat when attending entertainment events in the atrium....:)