Venice cruise restrictions update

Noxequifans

It appears there is a solution for 2014 for the prior announced reduction in port visits by cruise ships to Venice. Looks like there are still issues for 2015.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=5726

If you are a student of history you may have read that Christopher Columbus was concerned about Venice being "over filled with travellers in 1470"....

But the lure of filthy lucre remains strong even 600 years later, and I doubt that there will ever be a convenient time to curtail the Tourist trade.

Edited by JimandStan

And why would you ask this on an Oceania thread?? Try the individual company boards....

This thread is about Venice curtailing cruise ship access. If push comes to shove, which lines would be the first to get the boot? The three lines I mentioned had to restrict their cruises to Venice so far. It's not Oceania, Regent etc. Get my drift?

This thread is about Venice curtailing cruise ship access. If push comes to shove, which lines would be the first to get the boot? The three lines I mentioned had to restrict their cruises to Venice so far. It's not Oceania, Regent etc. Get my drift?

Perhaps it might be a size thing :p