flight time getting off Allure

sandy1754

Buying our airline tickets and wondering if we can make a 10:30 am flight out of Ft. Lauderdale ?

You can but be prepared to MOVE in the morning! Lol you will need to carry your own bags off and might need to take a private taxi to airport. It's def doable but kinda stressful. If a later time is available for the same price I would take that.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Buying our airline tickets and wondering if we can make a 10:30 am flight out of Ft. Lauderdale ?

Yes, if you do express disembarkation. You just have to carry your own luggage off the ship and take a taxi.

Edited by Big_G

Can you get off the ship fast? Sure. Can you get to the airport quickly? Absolutely. But when we left the lines for security in FLL were obscene and I'm glad we weren't any later than we were getting to the airport, but that was only because we also pressured for earlier departure than we were originally given.

Can you get off the ship fast? Sure. Can you get to the airport quickly? Absolutely. But when we left the lines for security in FLL were obscene and I'm glad we weren't any later than we were getting to the airport, but that was only because we also pressured for earlier departure than we were originally given.

True!! Couldn't believe how awful the security lines were at this airport. That many ships every week, you would think they would have it down pat...

Book the flight especially if it is the cheapest price. You will have no problem. We carried our own bags off the ship at 6:45 we were at the airport by 7:15. That early the lines are short at customs and at the airport. You will have many people tell you about the stress of having a flight that early and how some delays could affect you. As long as you are willing and capable of carrying your own bags off the ship you will have no problem. I have yet to read of anyone missing a 10:30 flight after leaving the Allure or Oasis.

Twice on Oasis, once on Allure. I was at the airport before 8am, and through security by 8:20 every time.

Yes, security lines can be long. But realistically, as someone who travels all a LOT, even the worst security lines rarely take more than 20-25 minutes. And that is the minority. They often LOOK bad, but it's uncommon for the process to take more than 15 minutes.

What I've noticed about FLL, in the Southwest terminal anyway, is when lines get long and you're close to departure, there's always someone there that will allow you to move to the head of the security line. Many times they'll ask to see your boarding pass as you join the back of the line just to see when your flight is.