Serenade....compasses?!?

Thanks so much - only cruised Voyager class so wasn't sure what to expect. Looks like fun!!:)

You're welcome! I've not been on a Voyager, but would be glad to draw comparisons based on what I've seen and heard, as well as my experiences on Freedom, which as you know, is a scaled-up Voyager.

I will say we did kind of find ourselves missing the Royal Promenade. Shops of the Centrum is a much tighter space than the Promenade and was definitely a bottleneck. Loved the aerial shows in the Centrum itself and loved watching practice!

Comparisons Explorer vs Seranade:

Embarkation/ debark- advantage Seranade but less passengers and a lot of people were doing back to back although they did break wheel on my new luggage and parking at explorer easier

Diamond status- Seranade by a long shot as they have a key entry to a secluded area with the loyalty person on site where the explorer has the 19th hole and people walk in and it is very smokey if games were on

Sports- Explorer wins here on the Seranade it was hard finding people to play and then we had 2 on 2 or 1 on 1 and the only team games were vs the crew on the Seranade which was good on their part because not enough people to get other teams

Food- mdr equal but huge advantage to Seranade with 3 specialty restaurants and Giovanni much better then Portofino

Pool area- split here as the solarium on the Seranade is covered and they have food and drinks free but the other pool had just one pool vs two on the explorer and idiots were smoking at the pool deck and flicking ashes on the deck and getting away with it

Cruise director and staff- Topi was good and because I played 3 sports vs the staff and crew on Seranade and got to know them I enjoyed them but as long as you don't have jimmy as your director on explorer the staff and crew on Explorer has always been great so a push here unless Jimmy then advantage Seranade

Guest services- Seranade was fantastic, I have had issues on the explorer with wrong info and such and other times fantastic so this comes down to one experience vs many and the one on the Seranade was fantastic

Things to do- Explorer is bigger and has more options

Entertainment- mixed bag here as a diamond plus person I have seen some of the acts before so I will try and be particular, singers and dancers not even close the Seranade much better although I didn't care for the song choices the one show, seating easier on the Seranade plenty of room vs explorer were you struggle to get seats sometimes, the atrium was a great idea on Seranade but only 10 percent of the people can view the show and the 4th floor where we were would get congested and cause issues getting to our room and for people getting to guest services, overall advantage serenade