Getaway balony BA -VS- Mini Suite MB where is the extra space

bugtyler

Are there any extra amenities in having a mini suite vs. a standard balcony room on Getaway/Breakaway? I can't fathom the cost difference merely for a slightly larger bathroom. Unless I get norovirus, I don't expect to spend much time in my bathroom.

Are there any extra amenities in having a mini suite vs. a standard balcony room on Getaway/Breakaway? I can't fathom the cost difference merely for a slightly larger bathroom. Unless I get norovirus, I don't expect to spend much time in my bathroom.

No. On older ships (Dawn class and Jewel class) there was a bigger living area and a curtain between the bed and the living area in minis, but even that doesn't exist on newer ships.

Historically there was the concierge access also with mini-suites but that was removed already eons ago.

I am able to get mini suite MB for 153.00 difference fron BA just windering if worth upgrade

We booked BC category with angled (larger) balcony. If I was offered a FREE upgrade to a mini-suite, I would turn it down. (We already did turn down our free upgrade to BA when booking because we didn't want a smaller balcony.) Is it honestly worth $153 to have a little more space to sit on a toilet? I think I'm in the minority, but I just don't get it.

On many ships a Mini suite would have the tub plus be slightly larger. When I initially booked a MS on the Getaway, I thought there would be a tub, but it only has a Spa Shower.....Nice, but was not wortht he price difference between that and a nice balcony room....So I changed my reservation to a Balcony. I think some of the higher category mini suites might have tubs, but also were nto worth the price to me.

There's a good side-by-side floor plan here: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1fL_OOlnzo56OPrhoAduUExMN6jGjxSu8_89dK9jjiXM/pub?start=true&loop=true&delayms=5000&slide=id.gd4330407_2_0

As others have stated, a lot of the extra space is in the bathroom, where you gain a large shower with extra "spa" jets. You also have a bit more room in the bed "alcove" (note the differences in the side tables), some more closet space, and a larger sitting area (note the difference in sofa sizes).

So to clarify the balcony is smaller on the MS Mini suite than a standard balcony??can anyone give me cabins with the extra room oon balcony..I would prefer smaller cabin to larger balcony...so any help would be appreciated...

So to clarify the balcony is smaller on the MS Mini suite than a standard balcony??can anyone give me cabins with the extra room oon balcony..I would prefer smaller cabin to larger balcony...so any help would be appreciated...

The balconies on most categories of mini-suites are identical to standard balcony. (There are a couple large balcony mini-suite categories). Of the standard balcony cabins, there are a handful on each deck that are located where the ship bumps out a bit, resulting in an angled balcony that is about 50% larger than the standard balcony, but for the same price. So if we upgraded to a mini-suite, we'd have a smaller balcony. No thanks. :)

Here is a great spreadsheet that a poster put together that gives info about all the cabin sizes and balcony sizes. If you click the blue "x" it will take you to photos. If the search function is ever fixed here, you can search for "angled balconies" and you will find photos that show the larger balconies.

Breakaway/Getaway Cabin sizes

(edited to add: The person who made that spreadsheet is a hero. He/she should have a ship named after him.)

Edited by LrgPizza

Someone will correct me if I am wrong but I remember a thread about the Breakaway mini-suites vs balcony. The differences are:

Mini-suite has a king size bed. The balcony has a queen size bed.

Mini-suite has a double sink. Balcony has standard sink.

Mini-suite has spa like larger shower. Balcony has standard shower

The balcony is the same size in each cabin. But the min-suite has several more square feet in the bedroom too. The photos don't really show the difference because you are not realizing one photo is a king bed and the other a queen.

Looking to find out where the extra 53 sq feet is one the Mini suite VS Balcony cabin..I loked at floorplan and it appeared it may only be in bathroom...also looking to see if balcony same size any help would be appreciated....

The couch and it's adjoining area are a bit bigger, besides the bathroom having double sinks and a jetted shower...

Balconies are the same size

Do the sofas pull out or does someone sleep on it as is?

I have booked 4 people in a minisuite. Are 2 suppose to share the sofa? (Me, hubby, 19 yo son, 10 yo daughter)

Bed sleeps 2. Couch sleeps 1. Pull down(from ceiling) sleeps 1

We have an M6 minisuite reserved for May. They have much larger balconies(3x size of normal balcony), which is why we chose them. I believe there are some balcony rooms with double sized balconies too (B6...right above the M6). It is all about the balcony for us...we want our own little area to relax on a lounger without having to fight 4,000 other people for :).

Thanks everyone...looked at the chart unfortunately all the standard balcony cabins with extra balcony room only accommodate 2 people we have three :( still not sure what to do ....we are bigger individuals so the bigger beds and bath might be worth the extra cost since we csnt get bigger balcony

Thanks everyone...looked at the chart unfortunately all the standard balcony cabins with extra balcony room only accommodate 2 people we have three :( still not sure what to do ....we are bigger individuals so the bigger beds and bath might be worth the extra cost since we csnt get bigger balcony

We have the standard balcony (BC) category with larger angled balcony and 3 in our cabin.

No, they all accomodate 3. One person is on the couch...

I booked through my TA and the largest balcony you can get without going penthouse is the Mini suite large balcony which is 3 times larger than a regular balcony and about 50 % larger than the regular large balcony. There are only two mini-suite aft facing balconies on this ship which would give you the biggest balcony on the ship but as you can imagine those are already booked.