Horseback Riding on the Beach

luvthebeach108

We will be stopping at this port on our cruise in December. Does anyone know of a place to horseback ride on the beach. I see that Carnival has an excursion for this on Tabyana Beach - does anyone know about this one?? Would prefer to venture on our own.

I just came back from the Valor going to Roatan and did the horse back riding & Tabayana Beach break through them. The cost was $84.00 I think but well worth it. We were piked up at the dock and taken to their stable were the guide picked out a horse for each individual. The ride was fantastic which took us to the top of a mountain over looking 2 sides of the island and riding down to and on to the beach. The beach ride lasted for about 15 minutes and was great. You end up at Tabayana Beach and about every 10 minutes they have a shuttle bus that will take you back to the port. I woulf highly recommend this excursion to anybody. Horse back riding in Roatan was the best part of our trip by far. I have some pictures I can e-mail you if you wish. Hope this has helped.

Jim

Just returned from the Valor.....did an independent tour with them and it was great....We did the 1 1/2 hour ride and also the cruise ship special. For $50 they picked us up at the pier.....took us to the ranch.....we saddled up and off we went for a ride throught West End and along the beach and through the monkey reserve. We ended at Fosters on West Bay Beach (it was beautiful) beach chairs and a drink included with the van ride back. Rosemary and Shirkie took care of us. A wonderful highlight of our cruise...Check out the website.

• 3 weeks later...
I just came back from the Valor going to Roatan and did the horse back riding & Tabayana Beach .....I have some pictures I can e-mail you if you wish. Hope this has helped.

Jim

Hi Jim! Can you send me your pics? We are trying to decide what to do in

Roatan.

Anyone perfer one over the other? Carnival vs El Rancho?

Any trouble getting off the ship? Are we tendered this port?

Any help would be appreciated;)

Archived