Allure CLS Detailed Trip Report with Many Pictures

Most of us had the prime rib for dinner and Frank had the pork chops. The prime rib was excellent! All the food was so good. I did not have a bad meal all week. Of course, as I said, pigs in a blanket are my favorite cocktail food, so you can judge my taste by that. :o My only complaint would be that the dinner rolls were harder than they usually are. I love Royal's sourdough rolls and was so looking forward to them. However, we found that it was just the dinner meal that they were not the usually heavenly roll. They were soft at lunch and breakfast. I had the crème brulee for dessert. This is also a favorite of mine, and they have it on the standard menu so you can have it every night. The first night it was a bit watery, but anytime I had it after that, it was great.

I might like a little butter with my baked potato! (I promise I will have more food pictures soon!)

cruise2013667_zpsc98130e9.jpg

Ocean Aria

We scheduled and made reservations ahead of time for the Ocean Aria show for the first night. I read on the boards to do this in case of bad weather, so you might be able to see it later in the cruise. Plus, I thought why not go BIG! Do the best cruise show ever on the first night. High expectations?? Well, those expectations were well exceeded! It was amazing. The show was awesome, not even taking into consideration the fact that we were on a moving ship in the middle of the ocean! Well done Royal! This was awesome and a must do!

Some random night shots of the Boardwalk going to the Aquatheater.

cruise2013668_zpsf77759ca.jpg

cruise2013669_zps3faf2c98.jpg

cruise2013933_zps4da5fe06.jpg

cruise2013671_zps4d68c8b8.jpg

With the suite, we had reserved seating in the middle of the theater. They were very good seats. I did make reservations ahead of time. I think this suite seating situation was one place the Allure did not have the situation as well managed as on some other ships. They don’t have the gold card reserved section roped off. They put a young lady there, who is supposed to check your card and let you sit if you have a gold card. Unfortunately, most of the young ladies in this role did not pay close attention and then someone would sit down and then she would check and they would have to get up and sit somewhere else. It was a little embarrassing. A few minutes before the show starts, they open the seating to everyone. It was funny. Even though, the seats are not the best seats in the house – they are good, just not the best – everyone seemed to want to sit there – even when many other sections were completely empty. No matter the venue, this happened. Then, when they opened it to all, no one wanted to sit there. :confused:

The show was terrific! Here are a few shots just to give you an idea of the scope of the show. I did not use my flash as requested.

cruise2013681_zpsefd0a877.jpg

cruise2013682_zps43aa87e0.jpg

cruise2013701_zps9a3e3c53.jpg

cruise2013705_zps7d80b825.jpg

Phil and I sat on our beautiful balcony for a while. Then, he went to get a beer (or 2 or 3) and I went to bed. One note – usually I can follow Phil from bar to bar on the ship over the interactive folio on the television. Since he wasn’t charging his beer, he had no trail to follow. :D

The bed is super comfortable!!! Also, we found out that there are plugs behind the bedside drawers. At first, it seemed like they don’t move, but they do and you can pull them out and plug in whatever you need charged, such as iPad or camera chargers.

Whew! The end of the first day on board the Allure of the Seas! Quite a magical and wonderful day. Thanks for all the nice comments. I brought some work home to do in case I was snowed in today and didn’t get to it all day so I guess I better get cracking on that… :) I’ll be back later!

cruise2013115_zpscaf86100.jpg

cruise2013120_zps8162fc6b.jpg

cruise2013114_zps195f3d91.jpg

Phil getting a last minute (and long awaited) cigarette in:

cruise2013123_zps1dfaf5d1.jpg

Glad you had a nice tour of Marlin Stadium. I live in So. FL and I can tell you that your pictures of the seats is almost the same as if there was a game being played:)

Love love loving your review! I was on the Allure about 3 years ago (wow time flies!) and am trying to convince my family to go again soon.

The last time I was on the Oasis I stayed at the marina Hilton and really enjoyed it despite the negative reviews- the pool was lovely. I think a big part was the walking distance to Bimini Boatyard. We also flew down two days early and went there on the first night for happy hour/apps based on recommendations on CC and ended up loving it so much (and the HH steals) so much we went back the next night!

Looking forward to the rest of your review. This might be what pushes me over the edge to book another Allure cruise! So I appreciate it hehe.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Thank you!! Glad to know we were not alone in our thinking! Jump on the Allure! You will love it!!

Thank you for doing this wonderful detailed review. We have just booked the Allure for the Transatlantic voyage from Barcelona to Fort Lauderdale next year and you are making us super excited!

Thank you!!! I am jealous! I just received an email on that cruise and it looks awesome! Have a great time!!

Thank you for this wonderful review! I'm sitting here savoring every word in snowy New Jersey (15 inches on the ground, more coming tonight) and anticipating our departure for FLL Saturday to sail on the Allure on Sunday!

I wanted to ask about the Hilton FL Marina. We're not staying there, but I'd love to see sailaway from such a great vantage point. Do you know if either the Nanking restaurant or G Bar have any kind of view of the ships?

Thank you for this wonderful review! I'm sitting here savoring every word in snowy New Jersey (15 inches on the ground, more coming tonight) and anticipating our departure for FLL Saturday to sail on the Allure on Sunday!

I wanted to ask about the Hilton FL Marina. We're not staying there, but I'd love to see sailaway from such a great vantage point. Do you know if either the Nanking restaurant or G Bar have any kind of view of the ships?

Thank you!! We are in the same storm. Will keep my fingers crossed for you that all the airport delays and problems are done before your flight! I can't say for sure, but I do know that you have to be on a higher floor to be able to see across the highway to see the ships. Restaurants and bar at the Hilton were on the ground floor, I believe. Have a terrific cruise!!!

We're on the same sailing as dacsmom, and sitting here in snowy NJ, I'm so ready to go. Yesterday. And we still have about 6" of snow headed our way before this storm is done with us.

Ugh.

Thanks for the awesome review & pics - can't wait to see the rest!

We're on the same sailing as dacsmom, and sitting here in snowy NJ, I'm so ready to go. Yesterday. And we still have about 6" of snow headed our way before this storm is done with us.

Ugh.

Thanks for the awesome review & pics - can't wait to see the rest!

Thank you!! Good luck! Storm is hopefully winding down here...

The balcony was huge. From Royal’s website and diagram, I had thought I would find the balcony narrow and a bit confining compared to the grand suite balconies that we have had, but it was so roomy because the ceiling was 2 stories. There were 2 loungers and a little table out there. I wish there was a chair or 2 to make sitting a little more comfortable, but we just brought out the dining table chairs.

cruise2013493_zpsd3da0681.jpg

cruise2013494_zps172ffcd3.jpg

cruise2013497_zpsb8ec6b50.jpg

cruise2013499_zps4dddba52.jpg

Now I want this to be my Residence for years and years:D