shipping luggage from NY

Hawaiidan

By a sudden twist of fate I need my bags shipped to California from NY, at the end of a cruise rather than check them on an airplane.

I do not have the option of checking my bags on the airlines because they would not allow me to get them in LA since I am on a NY to Hawaii ticket ( complicated air rule.. even for first class) that says you can not short route bags and the must go to the ticketed destination.

Does the ship offer that service? If you have done this, how much did they charge for a normal 50 lb suitcase?

Just for information If any of you are in LAX in the United terminal at 3:30, I will have 2 first class boarding passes LAX to Honolulu.... no strings. I am throwing them away.:confused: ( worth $2400) for a couple.

Wow, wish I could use those tickets.

I remember seeing a thread on SeatGuru about luggage shipping. Not sure how old this information is, but in case it's helpful:

http://www.seatguru.com/articles/luggage_shipping_services.php

Some of the services mentioned were airline-based (which wouldn't help you) but some were not. Good luck.

By a sudden twist of fate I need my bags shipped to California from NY, at the end of a cruise rather than check them on an airplane.

I do not have the option of checking my bags on the airlines because they would not allow me to get them in LA since I am on a NY to Hawaii ticket ( complicated air rule.. even for first class) that says you can not short route bags and the must go to the ticketed destination.

Does the ship offer that service? If you have done this, how much did they charge for a normal 50 lb suitcase?

The luggage service we use indicates the price for one fifty pound bag would be $124 to $244 (the first figure being delivery in five business days and the second figure being delivery in one business day). There are many luggage services, of course, but this should give you a general idea of cost. This service is not associated with Oceania.

Edited by Silver Sweethearts

Not knowing how much time you have between disembarkation and your flight, it's kind of hard. However if you are staying the night in NYC and flying out the next day, FedEx will retrieve your luggage at your hotel (assuming it's properly packed and packaged) and send it forward to your destination. If you don't mind waiting a week for it to be delivered to your home or to LA'(at your hotel there) it is fairly reasonable. Did this sending luggage forward and back between San Francisco and Miami.