Port of Miami Parking

jupitercruiser123

Hello all!

I'm sorry if this is a previous post, but as I live in South Florida the easiest way for me to get to the "Getaway" is to drive there. However, does anyone have any experience with leaving your personal car at the port and its safety? And - does anyone know where the best and safest parking for NCL's terminal is?

Thanks so much!

P

Hello all!

I'm sorry if this is a previous post, but as I live in South Florida the easiest way for me to get to the "Getaway" is to drive there. However, does anyone have any experience with leaving your personal car at the port and its safety? And - does anyone know where the best and safest parking for NCL's terminal is?

Thanks so much!

P

We've parked at the terminal for the last couple of sailings. $20 per day, excellent security and the best way to get on and off the ship. Would not park anywhere else. The piece of mind is worth the money you pay.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Forums mobile app

Just a short while ago there was a poster that told that their car and at least one other was broken in to in POM. There was security footage about the incident and police was on it already when the family disembarked from their cruise but the burglery was not noticed when it actually happened.

We parked at the port Dec. 2013, very convenient, there are signs for which garage to park in for your specific cruise, it's expensive (10 day cruise) but worth it to us. I have read about an off site parking service that people say is safe, I think it is called Premier Cruise parking, not to be confused with Premier parking, or just the opposite, one of them is safe and the other is not, (according to reviews) you would have to search them.

Hello all!

Thanks so much!

P

We are going on two cruises B2B for 28 days and 4 days precruise. At $20 a day, that comes to $ 640. Way too much for parking.

We have used a hotel near FLL when we cruise out of that port that has free parking if you spend one night and never had a problem with the care in a hotel parking lot.

The hotel parking, park and fly options are more expensive in Miami but we have used ParkSleepFly.com.com

Does the garage at the port ever fill up? Would I need to make a reservation? Thanks in advance.

i went to the port of miami parking lot the day before my cruise date because i too was had the same worries as you. the parking structures are 5 levels, i walked the stairwell of lot C to find an open spot. when i reached level 3 it was half full, levels 4 n 5 completely open. and that was for the ncl epic

Hello all!

Thanks so much!

P

Might be cheaper to cab, depending on where you live in SFL... I lived in Brickell and it was well cheaper to take a cab to POM than to park my car, but obviously Brickell is quite close.

It was me who had my van broken into at the port while on our cruise on the epic in January. They stole my sons Xbox, and his games an damaged the back window of the van.

We were told by the police that they get calls daily from problems at the off site parking but ours was the first call they have had at the port in a year and a half.

We got notice this week that they caught the two men that broke into our van. It will be a couple of months before we hear anything else, but were told not to hold our breath about getting any money out of them.

Booked a cruise on the getaway next year and will park there again but will not be leaving any valuables behind this time!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

It was me who had my van broken into at the port while on our cruise on the epic in January. They stole my sons Xbox, and his games an damaged the back window of the van.

We were told by the police that they get calls daily from problems at the off site parking but ours was the first call they have had at the port in a year and a half.

We got notice this week that they caught the two men that broke into our van. It will be a couple of months before we hear anything else, but were told not to hold our breath about getting any money out of them.

Booked a cruise on the getaway next year and will park there again but will not be leaving any valuables behind this time!

Thanks for the update!