Montego Bay Suggestions...Beach? AI? Private Tour?

evereadycruise

Hey everyone,

We are headed to Montego Bay on the Carnival Dream in April and needed some suggestions on what to do. We've been to Jamaica at least 6 times on cruises and are looking for something new or different.

We have 2 children who travel pretty well so any suggestions will work.

We've done Dunn's River, Secret Fall/Blue Hole/Tubing, Horse Back Riding, Zip Line.

Is there a nice beach close by to relax?

Are there any all-inclusives that are worth the money?

A different type of Island Tour?

Your help would be greatly appreciated! :D

Less than a 5 minute cab ride a way is Sunset Beach Resort. It's all inclusive, all you can eat and drink, with restaurants and a large buffet, as well as a hamburger type joint. It has non-motorized watersports, such as snorkel, kayak, sailboats, etc. at no charge. There are probably 5-6 pools, some with volleyball nets, some with swim-up bars. There is put-put golf, tennis, etc. There is even a water park for the young at heart! Motorized water sports, such as snorkel tours, wave runners, parasailing, etc. are available at extra cost. spa services are also available at extra cost.

The cost is $60 per person. Don't know the cost for chilluns, as we didn't have any. They provide towels.

I believe the taxi ride last year was $3-4 each way. You can see the ship from the resort, and can see the resort coming in to Montego Bay.

Less than a 5 minute cab ride a way is Sunset Beach Resort. It's all inclusive, all you can eat and drink, with restaurants and a large buffet, as well as a hamburger type joint. It has non-motorized watersports, such as snorkel, kayak, sailboats, etc. at no charge. There are probably 5-6 pools, some with volleyball nets, some with swim-up bars. There is put-put golf, tennis, etc. There is even a water park for the young at heart! Motorized water sports, such as snorkel tours, wave runners, parasailing, etc. are available at extra cost. spa services are also available at extra cost.

The cost is $60 per person. Don't know the cost for chilluns, as we didn't have any. They provide towels.

I believe the taxi ride last year was $3-4 each way. You can see the ship from the resort, and can see the resort coming in to Montego Bay.

On the website it doesn't say anything about getting a daypass. Is that something you just show up and do?

It's a private beach you pay $5 per person to get in, $5 per chair, $5 per umbrella and a $5 taxi each way. It's about 100 yards from Margaritaville.

They also offer bar and food service at the beach. Restroom, lifeguards and a changing area.

Best time every!!!!!

It's a private beach you pay $5 per person to get in, $5 per chair, $5 per umbrella and a $5 taxi each way. It's about 100 yards from Margaritaville.

They also offer bar and food service at the beach. Restroom, lifeguards and a changing area.

Best time every!!!!!

Can you please tell me where you caught the taxi to go Dr. Cave? Did you feel safe? (The last time we were in Ocho Rios I vowed to not get off the ship again. I'm hoping Montego Bay is different.)

Thanks.

On the website it doesn't say anything about getting a daypass. Is that something you just show up and do?

We knew about it in advance, so we just took a taxi, showed up and asked for a day pass. However, if you want to be assured to have a spot, you can reserve one by googling Sunset Beach Jamaica Day Pass. Beware, some will try to charge you more than the $60 per person standard rate. Some will only charge you the standard rate, however.

I would avoid the transfer offered by the third party website, however. When we investigated, we found out that there is only one trip provided, if you wanted to leave early or wanted to stay later, you were out of luck. Taxis were plentiful when we wanted to leave, it's a large hotel resort, so there are people checking in and out all the time...

Hope this helps!

Can you please tell me where you caught the taxi to go Dr. Cave? Did you feel safe? (The last time we were in Ocho Rios I vowed to not get off the ship again. I'm hoping Montego Bay is different.)

Thanks.

Yes, just as you exit the port shopping area. Remember to take the red plated taxi (van;buses); The fares are regulated. Beware once you get on the bus they will try to persuade you to go elsewhere. Dr. Cave beach is a private beach; we felt very save.

• 2 weeks later...

I just wanted to show you a link that someone showed me when I was trying to decide if I wanted to go to Rose Hilton Hall or Sunset. These are not my pictures or my site. Just a link someone created with their visit there and TONS of pictures to view. It might help you out.

Click HERE.