Ultimate Beverage Package Questions

Bdogamus

I did the UBP in May on the Breakaway to Bermuda. I was with my daughter who was 6 at the time. I purchased the package at the atrium bar. According to the rules, I was suppose to pay for a soda package for my daughter. The bar tender did not make me do so. My daughter doesn't drink soda, but she did have a few virgin daiquiris. :o The bartenders did not give me any problems when ordering, of course they could see the little person next to me. I only sat at a bar once, there I signed a receipt for each drink. I had to pay the full $11.50 for my extra dirty Ketel one martini. I also did not try some of the cocktails that I wanted to because they weren't included in the UBP.

I thought I was a heavy drinker. It turns out not so much. Even with my daughters daiquiris I felt like I was forcing myself to drink in order not to waste my money. I have to admit I was visiting a friend and Bermuda and spent a night off the ship. Bermuda is a beautiful Island and I spent all three days we were docked exploring it (I loved the small family enclave on horse shoe beach). Being on vacation with just me and her also curved my drinking a little, ok a lot. At the end I drank less than I paid for UBP..

I researched the UBP, when it was fairly new, very well before going to Bermuda in May. However I would not do it again unless it was an adults only trip with little time off the ship, like a transatlantic.

1. You can't order 2 drinks at a time. Just one. Don't over think that part.

2. If you go over, you will be charged for the entire drink. Don't rely on the bartenders to tell you if the drink costs too much. You need to be responsible for knowing the price of the drinks you are ordering - simply ask to be sure.

3. 15% gratuity is added to the charge of the UBP, so you have already paid your tips. Obviously you can tip more if you choose.

Thank you for your response!

• 3 years later...

Hey there. Sorry to revive an old thread, but hoping I can get some opinion on this. I am going on the EPIC in September and have the unlimited package.

Sometimes when I drink or eat, I prefer to have one non-alcoholic beverage along with my alcoholic-beverage to sip on in between drinks, or during a meal.

Will I really have to go to a bar, order a soda, swipe my card, walk away, come right back, and then order an alcohol cocktail, or will they allow two types of drinks to be ordered at once as long as one as they don't both contain alcohol?

Same thing when I'm eating at a sit-down...I usually need a diet coke or sprite throughout my meal to refresh my palette and help me digest...while also having wine or a cocktail to sip on as an inebriant. Will I have to order a soda, send the waiter away, and then order alcohol when he/she comes back? It seems silly.

I am alone in a studio stateroom and will only have one keycard.

I haven't cruised NCL for a couple years but if you want a soda and rum separate I've never had a problem, especially at dinner. What you are saying sounds like a normal request. I think you would have trouble if it seems you are trying to share

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I haven't cruised NCL for a couple years but if you want a soda and rum separate I've never had a problem, especially at dinner. What you are saying sounds like a normal request. I think you would have trouble if it seems you are trying to share

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Dinner's the easy one, as your server can see you're not sharing. At a bar where you order your drinks and walk away, they might be hesitant. Getting to know your bartender, explaining your situation, and adding an extra tip here and there will go a long way.