Independence of the seas

NOSaints1

We really enjoyed our cruise on the Indy. I have no complaints, loved the hot tubs. Labadee was also a great time. Preferred it over Coco Cay. They have people movers to get you where you need to be. We were at Barefoot Beach cabanas and were really nice. The one down side I can think of is the annoying vendors. One area had set prices (which I preferred) the remaining areas had vendors that were very annoying and all selling the same thing. If Joff is still the cruise director, you will have a great time.

One of the best waiters we ever had in the MDR was on the Indy. And the best production show too. Just dazzling. And actually, come to think of it, the best lecture series. Wow. Great memories! The Indy set the bar pretty high. I'd be hard pressed to come up with anything negative. We had a fun cruise and if you like the itinerary, go for it. I don't know how you could be disappointed!

Just got off the Indy this past Sunday (2/9). We did the 8-day cruise, so can't help with Falmouth.

Labadee was nice! Much bigger than we expected and the beaches were nice. We planned on a beach day and did not do any excursions. Would recommend Columbus Cove for more space. We'd read good things about Nellie's Beach, but it was really packed and busy and we were there in the late afternoon on the day we stopped. Snorkeling isn't good on Labadee, unless you do an excursion, at least from what my husband found. He'd hoped to see more fish, but he snorkeled from shore and didn't have much luck. Others did not either. We considered doing the zip line, but at $95 per person and a one-time ride, we opted out of that. Looked fun, though!

As for the ship, it's a nice ship and kept up well. Workers always seemed to be cleaning something. There were lots of bars and lounges and we never had a problem getting deck chairs. Public spaces were generally comfortable and never packed where you couldn't find a spot to sit.

And although it's a very subjective subject, we did not like the food at all on Indy. My husband gave food a 4 out of 10, and he is not a picky eater. We enjoyed Johnny Rockets and Sorrento's pizza, though.