The Miraculous Miracle: a review with photos

Lerin

So I just went back to the site about the PV day pass and notice two things:

1) says the day pass is only good until 6pm.

We stayed until almost 8:15 and then walked the whole 2 minutes back to the ship to be on board by 8:30

2) says wi fi requires a paid card.

We used the wi fi at no extra cost.

Totally random because I cropped it out of the photo earlier. The children's playground also had swings.

I just called down to the Crown P. and asked about this - they seemed confused and then quoted 9-6pm as someone mentioned. I do not see this online offering..is there a spot on the website you can direct me to? Also, I was quoted $69 per adult and $39 per child. No where did i find $70 for 3 people. Any info is great. Thanks!

I just called down to the Crown P. and asked about this - they seemed confused and then quoted 9-6pm as someone mentioned. I do not see this online offering..is there a spot on the website you can direct me to? Also, I was quoted $69 per adult and $39 per child. No where did i find $70 for 3 people. Any info is great. Thanks!

I did not find the deal at the Crown Plaza website. It was elsewhere on the Internet. However, I'm not allowed to mention the site here at CC because it's a TA.

I went to Google and typed "resort day pass puerto vallarta" into the search. The TA site was one of the results that popped up.

Yes, even on the TA site it says 9-6, but we stayed until after 8pm with no issues(we weren't trying to scam the system, honestly didn't even remember the part about leaving by 6)

Edited by Lerin

I just got the email saying to board after 1:30pm. I also have FTTF. What do we do? I'm confused and wondering if they send this email out to everyone and say board after 1:30? It doesn't say anything about if you have FTTF and perhaps do otherwise? Thoughts?

They tend to send that letter to a large percentage of cruisers fleet wide.

Most people here at CC ignore it and are on the ship before noon. This is why we decided to ignore it, though it didn't work for us. :( They didn't even finish unloading the previous cruise until after noon.

Hopefully you don't have the boarding issues we did. Good luck and happy cruising. :)

They tend to send that letter to a large percentage of cruisers fleet wide.

Most people here at CC ignore it and are on the ship before noon. This is why we decided to ignore it, though it didn't work for us. :( They didn't even finish unloading the previous cruise until after noon.

We were on another ship out of Long Beach recently where the boarding didn't start until 1:30. However, this is usually caused by Customs not Carnival (or a Bright Star at 2:30 in the AM the night before docking...). The ship is not allowed to start unloading until Customs gives them the all clear. Sometimes this can take a while. :( I have been on the ship having lunch at 11:15 before. This time it was 2:00.

Before you say that FTTF didn't help you much, remember that while you waited in several lines during embarkation, the people without FTTF were even further behind than you were. After the priority boarding, THEN the people who have boarding numbers (1 thru ???) can start embarking. You were on the ship much earlier than had you not had FTTF. It was late, yes, but earlier than without it.

Now the luggage problem, yeah, they dropped the ball big time on that one. Good reminder to be sure and check that the porters have flagged the luggage. On the aforementioned cruise I was on, the porter taking our luggage didn't take any after ours. He told the guy with him that this was priority luggage and that he was taking it directly to the loading area. He got a very nice tip after that... :D

Good review. I have been on the Miracle 3 times in the past year and am sailing her again in April. I really like the ship. And I LOVE the pizza... :)

Bob

I have FTTF and I am getting confused about the time to arrive. I don't want to go too early and wait....but I don't want to go too late since I paid to get on early! Hmmm we'll see how it goes. I am bummed I can't find the deal for Crowne Paradise as previously mentioned. I sent them an email and was quoted $45 adult and $35 child. I did find a website saying mention them for 50% off but not sure how old that deal is. We will see what they say as I asked about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have FTTF and I am getting confused about the time to arrive. I don't want to go too early and wait....but I don't want to go too late since I paid to get on early! Hmmm we'll see how it goes. I am bummed I can't find the deal for Crowne Paradise as previously mentioned. I sent them an email and was quoted $45 adult and $35 child. I did find a website saying mention them for 50% off but not sure how old that deal is. We will see what they say as I asked about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have FTTF but I think we are shooting for after 1:30pm. There are lines earlier in the day and then subside supposedly. It's really hard to figure that out. Also look into Playa Los Arcos. They have a day pass for $15 (find it on the web) it's from 10-6pm. Take a taxi about 100 pesos. Heated pool, on the beach. Don't think drinks are included but price is good. I called there and talked to the concierge. Seems pretty nice, not sure what is is like compared to the Crowne P. They also have a day pass for $42 and that includes Bfast and lunch buffet. it's all on the website.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi- thanks for the detail review.

I am also going on Miracle in 2 weeks, and worried about tender in Cabo, since I would like to book local tour company.

How many days did you stop in Cabo? Was the tender problem on all days?

On our first day, Mar 17, only our ship will be on the port. But next day there will be 2 or 3 other ships. I am hoping tendering will be easy on the first day.

Also is there is a difference between ship time and local time?

Cabo is an hour earlier, so remain on ship's time to be safe. We had no problems this time with tendering, but on New Year's Day in 2011, they were rocking and rolling like crazy. It was a fun ride for us, but there were a lot of green people onboard.

• 3 weeks later...