HELP BEANB41!! ANYBODY - can't get these d.... onboard credits!

Hi out there,

I'm still trying to buy OBC for October 30 on Century.

Celebrity's Website is a nightmare - I can't get past the Gift Certificates which only offer you 9 at $25 each. I want to buy more than that.

I rang Celebrity today as Beanb41 advised, and asked for Admin., was put through to Jenny (twice) and spoke with her, and she appeared to hangup on me. I rang again, went through the intermindable press 1 or 2 routine, got someone called Nichole - no, wrong number she said, and put me through to Jenny again, once more she appeared to hang up after asking me to hold. I went through it all again, the ringing, the pressing, and got through to Dianne, who was an absolute treasure. Oh, she said, you just need to fill out the Gift Order coupon, and I'll send it on email. She also said that their phone system was causing problems. Right - the ringing etc. took 35 minutes. My husband was proud of my patience. :D

Email duly came through and it was really weird - it gave email numbers and phone and everything for America - needless to say I didn't give it my Mastercard number!:rolleyes:

PLEASE, oh please, someone give me a direct line to this invisible Admin. Department, and a name (not of a machine :cool:) who I can ring.

Sorry to be so longwinded, but this is our first cruise (and I hope one of many more) with Celebrity.

Thanks everyone

I guess you have to keep trying through the call centre. The Sydney call centre which also covers NZ is I understand in the process of being transferred to Guatemala, now doesn't that instill confidence. I also had long waits getting hold of someone. I wasn't aware that you were able to get through to X Admin direct I went through the call centre operator. Sorry I cant be of more help

Hi out there,

I'm still trying to buy OBC for October 30 on Century.

Celebrity's Website is a nightmare - I can't get past the Gift Certificates which only offer you 9 at $25 each. I want to buy more than that.

I rang Celebrity today as Beanb41 advised, and asked for Admin., was put through to Jenny (twice) and spoke with her, and she appeared to hangup on me. I rang again, went through the intermindable press 1 or 2 routine, got someone called Nichole - no, wrong number she said, and put me through to Jenny again, once more she appeared to hang up after asking me to hold. I went through it all again, the ringing, the pressing, and got through to Dianne, who was an absolute treasure. Oh, she said, you just need to fill out the Gift Order coupon, and I'll send it on email. She also said that their phone system was causing problems. Right - the ringing etc. took 35 minutes. My husband was proud of my patience. :D

Email duly came through and it was really weird - it gave email numbers and phone and everything for America - needless to say I didn't give it my Mastercard number!:rolleyes:

PLEASE, oh please, someone give me a direct line to this invisible Admin. Department, and a name (not of a machine :cool:) who I can ring.

Sorry to be so longwinded, but this is our first cruise (and I hope one of many more) with Celebrity.

Thanks everyone

just a suggestion but do you have PayPal if so pay through that then you don't have to give your credit card details.on the other side I have made many bookings through America hotels,cruises,flights etc without problems believe me the banks etc are very hot on any fraudulent activity.

Hi there,

Could you please tell me which phone number you went through to get to the Call Centre Operator? Can anyone tell me who has previously ordered OBC's? Was it the Australian number 1800 754 500? This is the one I suffered through but still didn't have any luck with and kept getting shuffled through all the Departments....

You can't order through the Gift Centre for Celebrity Online - that only gives you the option of ordering $25 Gift Certificates x 9 - no more!

Aghhhh :eek:

I assume it is the 1800 number as I rang the equivalent 0800 from NZ. As far as I can ascertain the booking needs to be done personally as it is not a widely promoted option. I was fortunate to get Australian's on both occasions I rang and although had to wait a bit got the deal done.

Sorry cant be more helpful

I am a regular HAL cruiser and have always had no problem on either their web site or calling them in Sydney.

Then, because there are limited cruises around Australia, thought I would try Celebrity for my next two cruises. Their web site is a nightmare, not easy to navigate at all, I also am looking at getting OBC (easy peasy on HAL). However I have been in the process of upgrading my two 123Go packages for my next two cruises to Premium and it has taken innumerable phone calls, long wait times and always I have to go through the call centre as there is no number direct to Admin where you do this upgrade and also obviously OBC.

And don't get me on the subject of price drops.

It is enough to send me scuttling back to HAL without even trying Celebrity if their call centres are like this, what are their ships like :eek:

Just another suggestion....place this on the main Celebrity section of cc, stressing that you are from downunder. A Celebrity rep reads and answers questions regularly in this section, and may be able to assist. This rep appears to have helped loads of people out with issues.

Hi there,

Could you please tell me which phone number you went through to get to the Call Centre Operator? Can anyone tell me who has previously ordered OBC's? Was it the Australian number 1800 754 500? This is the one I suffered through but still didn't have any luck with and kept getting shuffled through all the Departments....

You can't order through the Gift Centre for Celebrity Online - that only gives you the option of ordering $25 Gift Certificates x 9 - no more!

Aghhhh :eek:

I have ordered OBC several times through the online gift centre. You can order more than 9 lots, simply order the 9 and then select continue shopping or similar and you can then order another 9. Just be aware that sometimes even after receiving your confirmation email that does not mean your order has gone through. Check your bank or however you paid to make sure the payment has been made and then you know you have the OBC.

Since the outsourcing to Guatemala, the lines have been absolutely atrocious. Today when I spoke to them (RCI but same as Celebrity), I was asked which number (the 1300 or 1800 number) I rang as they were doing a survey to try and establish "which number" was the problem. I have a "local" number which works very well and she couldn't understand how I sounded like I was next to her but I did confirm to her that the 1300 and 1800 numbers were a disgrace and that if they weren't fixed, RCI would lose a lot of business. I guess they have figured that out, hence the survey:rolleyes:

Keep up the complaints!

Cheers

Di