Visas for Mediterranean cruise

ozcruizer

While reading your post I realised I had made a mistake. Our cruise has the same itinerary as yours, and we aren't in Turkey 72 hours in total, even though 74 hours elapses between when we first arrive in Turkey and when we leave. Whew, what a relief! We don't need to spend money on the visas after all. Thanks for your help in getting my head straight on this.

Michelle.

Glad I was able to help, Michelle. Last year's cruise was great, especially with all the new On Location sailaways etc organised on the NA. Hopefully you will have just as an enjoyable time as I did. I'm now going back later in the year to do a much longer Med/TA cruise on the Noordam.

Bev

This is meant mainly for Australians travelling to the above two destinations but I imagine it will be the same for other countries such as the US, Canada, UK and NZ. This information comes from a company called Travcour which my TA uses:

Quote:

Exemption (to obtaining a normal visa): If the traveller is entering Turkey on a cruise ship for less than 72 hours a visa is not required. Leaving the ship is allowed.

Passengers entering Tunisia by cruise ship will be issued a visa on arrival free of charge which will be valid for the few hours of the excursion. If the ship stays for more than one day in Tunisia, passengers will require a regular tourist visa.

Daphne (Ozcruizer)

I just called the embassy and spoke with the visa department. If your cruise ends in Turkey, you do need to get a visa for the privilege of flying home, even though you are being transferred straight from ship to airport. The reason it is $60 is because that is what we charge for Turkish people coming here. Thanks, Canada!