Oceanview rooms front of Quantum

Mar56

We are considering booking one of the oceanview rooms at the front of the ship on deck 9 10 or 11. However, when I look at the drawings of the ship used in their promotion videos, it looks like there is a superstructure of some sort in front of those windows. The deck plans show what looks like a small hallway going out to that superstructure (or whatever the correct name for it is).

I would do a search of the forum to see if this has been addressed but that function isn't working, so I hoped that someone could tell me if they think this is true. I would love to stand at the window and look out at the sea ahead of me but I don't want to look out through the window and then through the superstructure.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Mar56

Here is my guess and that hallway allows the crew out to clean the windows. Until that part of the ship is built you will only get speculation.

That's what I thought - I guess we can wait for a while anyways. We're booked, but in a balcony and would like to change but .....

Thanks for answering.

Are they giving a choice of an Ocean View and an Ocean View with obstructed view?

No not for those rooms. But on other ships that have ocean view rooms that look out on the outdoor promenade, I have seen that only if a post is in the way do they mark those as obstructed. The fact that they look out on the promenade and then out to the ocean doesn't seem to affect their classification - but that's a different cruise line so.....

Edited by Mar56

We are considering booking one of the oceanview rooms at the front of the ship on deck 9 10 or 11. However, when I look at the drawings of the ship used in their promotion videos, it looks like there is a superstructure of some sort in front of those windows. The deck plans show what looks like a small hallway going out to that superstructure (or whatever the correct name for it is).

I would do a search of the forum to see if this has been addressed but that function isn't working, so I hoped that someone could tell me if they think this is true. I would love to stand at the window and look out at the sea ahead of me but I don't want to look out through the window and then through the superstructure.

Thanks in advance.

Be aware,

The superior ocean view staterooms on quantum and anthem have a sofabed and therefore, any sailings after 1st January 2015 must have 3 or 4 occupants in order to book!!

We will be getting married on anthem of the seas in 2015, and RCCL won't allow us to book one of these rooms for the extra space, as there will only be 2 occupants.

Be aware,

The superior ocean view staterooms on quantum and anthem have a sofabed and therefore, any sailings after 1st January 2015 must have 3 or 4 occupants in order to book!!

We will be getting married on anthem of the seas in 2015, and RCCL won't allow us to book one of these rooms for the extra space, as there will only be 2 occupants.

Yes i noticed that. I was looking at the next level down. I think this may cause some problems for RCL but we will see how it plays out. Thanks for your post.

• 1 year later...
Be aware,

I don't believe this statement is true as I booked the superior oceanview about 3 months ago and only had 2 people booked in the cabin. My cruise isn't until next year and those cabins are already gone on our sailing.

In September we sailed in stateroom 10504 on Anthem - there were only two of us but we were able to book it a year out, no problem.

I don't quite understand the superstructure comments, but there wasn't anything out-of-the ordinary that we noticed in the stateroom and we had a decent view with no obstructions.

One thing that WOULD put us off these cabins in future is the way the front of the boat violently shook when going into in or coming out of port - this gave us an early wake-up most mornings on our port-intensive cruise! One afternoon we were sat up in the solarium as we departed and the shaking was just as bad up there.