Question about International Cafe

vacationgogo

Are the desserts in the IC and the Horizon Court of the same quality?
Personally, I've found the desserts at the International Cafe to be better than the Horizon Court Buffet. Especially at lunch time. Many times my wife and I would have lunch at the buffet then head down to the IC for dessert.

I'm a little confused about the International Cafe. I know that they have specialty coffees and teas, pastries and ice cream. From all I have seen on the boards, there is a charge for the coffees and shakes. Is anything there complimentary or is it considered to be like a specialty restaurant? If there is a fee for everything there, are there complimentary alternatives elsewhere on the ship? I have already purchased 2 coffee cards but we are 4 adults in my family and over the course of 7 days, it could get very pricey. We love our pastries and ice cream! I also read on another thread that you can use the coffee card for gelato. Can anyone confirm this? TIA.

Lots of free stuff and delicious.

They do make the best DONUTS!

I also would enjoy the quiet of a latte and a hot breakfast sandwich in the morning. No crowds, just quiet :)

(It also helps you to not overeat, it's just right)

Look for the sign @ the IC with

-Hot breakfast sandwiches

- Soup of the day

All the pastries on the ship come from the same bakery located in the main kitchen. Grated there may be some items served in the I. C. that are not served in the H. C.

As for quality, the fruit tart in the I.C. is the same quality as the fruit tart in the H.C.

The pastry chef does not make low quality for the H. C. and a higher quality for the I.C.

I know these perceptions exist and have wondered why. I have been on several Princess ships and have not noticed the quality difference issues.