Luggage ID

joek

Be sure to put your cellphone number on your bag ID tags. Someone took one of our bags from the pier after disembarking, (so many bags look alike). Security called the number on a bag that was left and reached the person and they had to come back to exchange bags.

Also before you go print out 2 pages per bag with contact info on it to put in your luggage as bag tags, ribbons etc can get ripped off. For your outbound trip print out your name, cell number, and where you are staying locally and that phone number in applicable. For the trip home again your name, home address, and cell and or home number.

Great ideas...also do *not* have your name, home address, or home landline number externally visible on tags. There are occasional incidents where burglars lurk around airports and harvest home addresses. Business address is fine, and nowadays a cell number is far more effective at reuniting you and your luggage.

I've been doing these: 1) using cell phone number, rather than address. If somehow, a bag gets misplaced, then found, I can be asked for an address to deliver it.

2) I always type up an itinerary with a day-by-day listing of where we'll be (including hotels). I put contact numbers (besides my phone, the cruise line's, the ship's, any hotel's) and then print out some. Each of the suitcases will get a copy inside, and one or two of our neighbors (our next door neighbors started doing the same, maybe I inspired them:)),my sister, and my BIL will get a copy each too.

I've been doing these: 1) using cell phone number' date=' rather than address. If somehow, a bag gets misplaced, then found, I can be asked for an address to deliver it.

2) I always type up an itinerary with a day-by-day listing of where we'll be (including hotels). I put contact numbers (besides my phone, the cruise line's, the ship's, any hotel's) and then print out some. Each of the suitcases will get a copy inside, and one or two of our neighbors (our next door neighbors started doing the same, maybe I inspired them:)),my sister, and my BIL will get a copy each too.[/quote']

That's really good advice and something I never thought of doing. Thank you!