which deck is best

crazy4violets

I am going on the Carnival Pride in May. This is only our 2nd cruise. We both have bad feet and knees(arthritis) and walking is harder for us now.

Which deck would be best for us? we will have interior cabin. the one planner said Deck 8. My husband smokes, unfortunately.

I have read it wouldn't be good to be under the dance floor. what decks do you all recommend? just need some good advice!!!

We were on deck 8 last year on the Pride. We had a balcony and didn't realize it was under the pool area, I should have checked to see what was above me. Wasn't bad, but occasionally you could hear them dragging the deck chairs around. Now I like to get cabins between floors, and close to the elevators. Never hear any noise from them either. I like deck 7, quick ride up to Lido and the coffee.

Edited by BattyL
Added comment

I am going on the Carnival Pride in May. This is only our 2nd cruise. We both have bad feet and knees(arthritis) and walking is harder for us now.

Which deck would be best for us? we will have interior cabin. the one planner said Deck 8. My husband smokes, unfortunately.

I have read it wouldn't be good to be under the dance floor. what decks do you all recommend? just need some good advice!!!

Deck 6 or 7 would be my choice, passenger cabins above and below.

We love lido deck .

There are no cabins on the lido deck of Spirit class ships of which the Pride is one.

OP, I like the Empress Deck mi-ship near the elevators. Your husband can smoke on the balcony and you'll be equidistant to each end of the ship. The Spirit class is my favorite for Carnival. Take a look at cabin 6184 for an outside or 6202 for interior. Good luck and happy cabin hunting.

Edited by sanmarcosman

If you want the perfect interior cabin on the Pride get a 4K (French door, obstructed) near the elevators. Mid ship is nice so you split the walk going forward or aft. Plus 4K lets you have the outside light and fresh air for an interior price. We love the Pride, enjoy your trip.

Based on your statements I would select Main deck 4. Most night time activities are on decks 2 and 3. MDR 2 & 3. Husband smoking one deck down large exterior promenade. Great access to everything.

Our PVP told us that deck 7, Veranda Deck, is best on Spirit class ships. He told us not to book deck 8 because of all the public areas that would be overhead. He was right. We booked the same balcony cabin on all our Spirit class ships - 7220. (Well, Legend is coming up in August.) They were right near the elevators. We had cabins above and below so it was quiet.

As you stated, being under the dance floor is definitely not good.

Since you mentioned your husband, smoking is not allowed in any cabins on Carnival ships. (Wasn't sure if you knew that or not.)

Pride is a wonderful ship. We loved her. Hope you do too.