Carnival Victory Review (with a toddler) - Feb 3-8 2014

*Cassie*

They were having an ice carving demonstration up on the Lido deck at noon, so we watched that for a few minutes before grabbing some lunch.

Day4-027_zps6cf74223.jpg

Day4-030_zps16b5a2b4.jpg

Today the lunch buffet was American theme. It was all really good.

Day4-031_zps35d164ed.jpg

Andrew got the infamous “corn bread”. He said he actually really liked it.

Day4-034_zpsb1b7ac5c.jpg

And some yummy desserts we shared.

Day4-032_zps3f4acdec.jpg

After lunch we went back to the cabin so Sophia could nap. I might have joined her as well. It was too hard not to with no lights on in an interior room, it’s so dark. Perfect for napping!

Once we were awake again we went off for more exploring. I can’t remember what this room is called, but they had some neat things in the displays.

Day4-035_zpsea1d79bd.jpg

Day4-036_zps50c5baf6.jpg

If you go straight down that hall, that’s the internet café. It was blocked off for some reason, though.

Here is the internet info in case anyone is interested.

WiFi_zps9a21f420.jpg

Piano bar:

Day4-037_zpsf3e85193.jpg

Day4-038_zps00510b66.jpg

The very bright red and black room:

Day4-039_zpsa9f662d2.jpg

Day4-040_zps91b352b5.jpg

I believe this is the Adriatic Lounge where the comedy shows are. We never went in, though.

Day4-041_zps4537cc02.jpg

We found ourselves back at the Lido, hoping to find a chair to sit and relax.

Day4-042_zpsc2289d74.jpg

Day4-046_zps81e68110.jpg

Sophia doesn’t like to sit for long, though…

So back to walking around. We found karaoke going on in the lobby. These guys were awesome! They even had some nice dance moves!

Day4-047_zps604828e1.jpg

We stuck our heads in the Caribbean Theatre. They had Bingo going on here. I never did get a chance to play Bingo this time.

Day4-048_zps3734e14a.jpg

Day4-049_zpsf43400c2.jpg

Sophia really wanted to get down to play, so we just went back to our room until dinner time.

The dinner buffet doesn’t start until 6:00, but the Taste Bar started at 5:30, so we went there first. It was formal night, so on our way there we walked past all the photographers out taking pictures with all the different back drops. I felt way under dressed since we were still wearing our casual day clothes and lots of people were already in their formal wear.

Day4-052_zps0c9f4319.jpg

Tonight they had food from Cucina del Capitano. It was so good that I want to sail on a ship that has one of these on our next cruise.

Day4-053_zpse61a8707.jpg

Day4-055_zpscc2a232c.jpg

Day4-056_zps7c14683f.jpg

They had a band playing here and they also had meet the captain going on to the left.

Day4-057_zpsf2805ee6.jpg

I had to snap some pics of the amazing looking desserts in the Coral Seas Café. On our last cruise we had some OBC so we ordered a slice of the cheesecake. So good! I was hoping to get something from here at some point, but that never happened. Oh well, not like I didn’t get plenty of desserts from the buffet.

Day4-058_zps8dbd3dd0.jpg

Day4-059_zpsfe22c51d.jpg

Day4-060_zps7a4cbed6.jpg

The arcade is next to the café, so we walked through there next.

Day4-061_zpsdc351046.jpg

Day4-063_zpsb96d693a.jpg

Day4-064_zps1255a0e5.jpg

We still had some time to kill before the dinner buffet started, but we went up to find a high chair and get a table. Sophia was getting antsy, so I walked around with her to keep her happy.

Day4-065_zpsa22fe89b.jpg

Dinner was really good tonight! My eyes might have been a little larger than Sophia's and my stomach, though. Whoops!

Day4-066_zps6d08bed8.jpg

Day4-068_zpsa8da268f.jpg

Andrew grabbed some food from the buffet and a pastrami sandwich from the deli.

Day4-069_zps425cfd99.jpg

Once we were done eating we walked back to the room to change into our formal clothes. I still wanted to get a picture of us dressed up.

Our towel animal was there waiting for us. This was my favorite one from the trip!

Day4-070_zpsa24f5ce1.jpg

So we stopped at two different places to take pictures, planning on buying one so we didn’t bring our own camera to have anyone take one for us. The next day we went to look at them and then discovered it would be $30 to get the 8x10 and a digital copy of it. Andrew didn’t want to pay that much for just one picture… This is when I kick myself for not having someone take one with our camera.

So he promised that when we got back home we could “recreate” the picture. Not quite the same, but oh well I’ll take it. In hind site we both agreed we should have just bought it.

Day4-071_zps6af75c5b.jpg

The show tonight was Living in America at 8:15. With the time change, that is usually Sophia’s bedtime, but we wanted to try to go and see how she would do. We picked a spot right near the exit in case she got noisy we could easily slip out with her. But to my surprise, she fell asleep in my lap and slept through the whole thing!

Up next… Grand Turk!

[/size]

So we stopped at two different places to take pictures, planning on buying one so we didn’t bring our own camera to have anyone take one for us. The next day we went to look at them and then discovered it would be $30 to get the 8x10 and a digital copy of it. Andrew didn’t want to pay that much for just one picture… This is when I kick myself for not having someone take one with our camera.

So he promised that when we got back home we could “recreate” the picture. Not quite the same, but oh well I’ll take it. In hind site we both agreed we should have just bought it.

We made the same mistake when we were in Hawaii for our 20th anniversary. So sad we didn't have that picture...we over tipped at dinner and just didn't have enough cash. Should have negotiated with the picture taker. We were on one of those sunset dinner cruises. It was such a good picture of us..all tan (and young, 11 years later). :(:rolleyes:

Edited by 2 cruzen

We made the same mistake when we were in Hawaii for our 20th anniversary. So sad we didn't have that picture...we over tipped at dinner and just didn't have enough cash. Should have negotiated with the picture taker. We were on one of those sunset dinner cruises. It was such a good picture of us..all tan (and young, 11 years later). :(:rolleyes:
Yeah next time we'll definitely fork over the cash, even if I have to do it while the hubby isn't looking! haha

Great review and I love the pictures. Thanks for taking the time to post.
Thanks for reading!

Your daughter is so adorable! We sailed when our son was 10 months old. Going next year and he'll be 3 and our daughter 1 1/2. Loving your review so far :)
Aww thank you! Hope you have a great time on your cruise!

Thanks for sharing..you are a cute couple with a darling darling toddler..thanks so much..Sarah
Oh you're too sweet, thanks! :)

Bloomington? You are almost our neighbor. We are from Peoria. We have been to Bloomington quite a bit. Last on Christmas.
Ah yep, not far at all! Did you guys get all this snow and ice today, too? I'm so over it and ready for Spring!

Our morning wakeup call came from the ship’s ropes being lowered around 6:30, I believe. Since we were on deck 2, it was loud and made our room vibrate a bit. Guess we’re in Grand Turk! Might as well get up and get ready.

We went on up to grab breakfast from the buffet.

Day5-001_zps18d8bdb9.jpg

Day5-002_zps639ea3a4.jpg

I went to sneak a peak of the island from the top deck and took a few pictures.

Day5-003_zps065bc3e3.jpg

Day5-007_zps9f7c9600.jpg

Day5-008_zps82f41167.jpg

After breakfast we went back to our cabin to grab the stroller and our beach gear, then headed off the ship.

We had to get the mandatory ship pictures. It’s a little difficult to get a good one with so many people around. I had to laugh when I uploaded my pics and noticed this woman stopped to pose for our picture!

Day5-013_zpsdc50a453.jpg

Day5-014_zps5f25c211.jpg

This was impossible to get a photo of without anyone in the way. This was the best we could get.

Day5-018_zpsb42a6903.jpg

And I guess the guy we asked to take a photo for us didn’t realize the reason we were sitting in front of the sign. We also have a nice shot of a little boy playing in the sand. Two pics in one! Haha oh well!

Day5-022_zps044b83ca.jpg

Day5-019_zps7e1ee40e.jpg

This was the beach to the left. We went to the beach to the right, thanks to recommendations from here.

Day5-024_zps34b7cf8b.jpg

But first, you of course have to walk through the gift shop. We walked through a couple others as well. We collect magnets from each of our trips, so we found one here.

Day5-025_zps63fe76e4.jpg

I think this shop must have had free wifi. There was always a big group huddled around it with their gadgets out.

Day5-027_zps02c5eaa4.jpg

The first thing to the right, after the shops, is the small NASA exhibit, so we walked through that.

Day5-031_zpseab64c20.jpg

Ahh so beautiful! I really fell in love with Grand Turk. The water is just such a gorgeous blue. I definitely hope to go back one day!

Day5-032_zpsf0b0feaf.jpg

Following that path, next there was this huge chess set. I thought it looked like fun but I couldn’t talk the hubby into it.

Day5-033_zps69a9763c.jpg

Next to it was a bar, I believe. We didn’t check.

Day5-034_zpsf3b0601d.jpg

Up ahead was this dock. We later saw large groups getting into boats here that I believe were going on snorkeling excursions.

Day5-037_zps7de18652.jpg

It was nearly impossible to push the stroller in the sand. Andrew somehow managed it. I tried to get this grump to smile for a picture, but she wasn’t in the mood.

Day5-040_zps19d41939.jpg

Day5-041_zps1065c5a5.jpg

She was happy once she got out of the stroller and her toes in the sand! We went to Charleston, SC last summer, so she did get her toes in the sand before, but this was her first time really getting to play in it.

Day5-044_zpscb14919d.jpg

Day5-047_zps1acb4917.jpg

We saw several people taking pictures here, so we had to follow after them. I was happy we got a smile out of her this time!

Day5-056_zps6b8648db.jpg

After some photos, Andrew found a beach chair and stayed with our things while Sophia and I walked down the beach looking for conch shells. I had read on here that this side is known for having lots of them. I walked and walked, which is quite a workout walking in sand holding a toddler, and did find one but it wasn’t in the best condition so I just left it.

We finally turned around and walked back to where Andrew was and grabbed a chair as well.

Day5-057_zpsf0243e20.jpg

Once she was tired of sitting, which didn’t take long, we thought we’d see how she liked the water. She also got her feet in the ocean last summer, but didn’t have much of a reaction. This time it was pretty funny to watch!

She started out really unsure, like mom what’s going on here…

Day5-062_zps772c1245.jpg

Then the wave came in and she jumped a bit, not sure if I like this or not...

Day5-063_zpsb9179d19.jpg

And there came the smile! Ok mom, let’s do it again!

Day5-064_zps14a1071b.jpg

After playing there for a bit I wanted to go find a chair under the palm trees. I loooove palm trees! Oh I’d give anything to be able to see them every day. We found the perfect spot to relax and enjoy the beautiful weather and gorgeous view. And Sophia was ready for a nap, so perfect timing!

Day5-072_zps04b66440.jpg

Day5-080_zps8a8c779a.jpg

Once she woke up we headed over to the Margaritaville pool.

Day5-084_zps41fff482.jpg

I have never seen such a huge pool. It even curved around to the left. Tons of space to swim!

Day5-086_zpse3df6630.jpg

They also had the flowrider going.

Day5-087_zpsd4c68d26.jpg

Ready to swim! Too bad the water was freezing, so we didn’t stay in for long.

Day5-089_zps49968084.jpg