Has anyone used Lovely Amalfi Coast Tours?

masim17

I have been searching for tour guides for our port in Naples aand have found a lot of information regarding other tour companies, but not much for this company. Their tour is much more reasonable that many other companies. I would appreciate any feedback.

I am definitely questioning this company. I feel that their reviews were written by them. Yesterday there was another response in this thread, which is now gone. Also, if you look at #18 in the Naples advice thread it sounds more like an advertisement than a review. This company might be great, maybe new, but I'm gonna pass.

I was quoted 280 euros for a full day Almafi tour. Didn't give a lot of description but said it would be a lot of fun. I am hesitant because there are so few reviews for them.

I am definitely questioning this company. I feel that their reviews were written by them. Yesterday there was another response in this thread, which is now gone. Also, if you look at #18 in the Naples advice thread it sounds more like an advertisement than a review. This company might be great, maybe new, but I'm gonna pass.

Hi Masim, yes I noticed the disappearing response because my response to it also disappeared!. There aren't any reviews on TripAdvisor either, so maybe they are new. How did you find them? Just a straight forward internet search?

No I was reading the Naples advice thread and saw this posting(#18) which sounded good to me. I went to their website and it looked great, good music lol and really started considering them because their price was great. Then I got concerned when I was reading another post "Amalfi coast private day tours" and there was basically the same review, by travelling1964. They just sound to me like the company is writing the reviews. Let me know what you think. I just wish there were more reviews out there.

• 2 months later...

I toured with Giovanni last June when I sailed on the Royal Princess's maiden voyage from Barcelona to Venice. At that time he was working for a very popular tour company in this port, and now he has gone out on his own, so yes it is a new company. I am the author of one of the reviews that you mention.

We were a group of six passengers who arranged the tour through the Cruise Critic rollcall board, and I can recommend him without reservation. Our day touring the Amalfi Coast with him was the best day of our 12-day cruise. He is thoroughly professional while at the same time fun and congenial. He relates well to all ages (our group was 3 seniors, 2 older adults and my 19 year-old niece, who had just as much fun as the rest of us. He is an expert driver and manages to drive and talk at the same time in very understandable English seemingly without effort, and if you've ever driven the Amalfi Coast, you will understand what a compliment this is. He knows the area like the back of his hand, the best places to eat, where to stop for good photos, when popular places are likely to be less busy, etc., and at the end of the day he wants you to be as passionately in love with this beautiful part of Italy as he is.

I cannot recommend Giovanni and his company, Lovely Amalfi Tours, highly enough. Do no be concerned by the apparent youth of the company. He is a very experienced guide and knows the cruise ship business and clientele well. And 280 Euros for a full day tour is a steal. We paid a lot more than that, and still thought our day with him was well worth the price.

I checked the website and saw from the photos that I had Giovanni a few years ago when he worked for See Amalfi Coast. He was going to the university at the time and only worked weekends. He was very good and a lot of fun.

" He is an expert driver and manages to drive and talk at the same time in very understandable English seemingly without effort, and if you've ever driven the Amalfi Coast, you will understand what a compliment this is."

I have driven AND taken a bus on the Amalfi Coast, and believe me you would rather have someone else drive, and you would MUCH rather take a mini-van than a big bus.

I will check him out.

• 5 weeks later...

My husband and I just returned from an 11 day Holland America cruise to the Med – May 18-29th. We had the good fortune of booking a private day tour to the Amalfi Coast with Giovanni of Lovely Amalfi Coast Tours. It was a wonderful experience. Giovanni is an incredible host who displays his true love and passion for his country and in particular the Amalfi Coast.

Giovanni promptly picked us up directly in front of our ship (Noordam) at 9:00 am sharp as we had arranged. He had a poster with our name and we were able to identify him immediately. After introductions we boarded his new and extremely comfortable Mercedes minivan. Although there were only two of us, this vehicle allowed us to have exceptional viewing from the windows, excellent air conditioning which we controlled ourselves from the rear, as well as great stability as we navigated the winding roads of this beautiful coast.

Giovanni took us through the Milky Mountain to the incredibly beautiful town of Ravello. From there we drove the coastal roads and visited the ever popular town of Amafi and the stunning village of Positano. The views were absolutely stunning with every turn. I don't think we have ever visited a place more beautiful. Giovanni narrated the entire trip and provided us with so much information along the way. It was without a doubt the highlight of our entire cruise. We requested that he return us to the ship by 3:30 pm and we were returned at exactly 3:30 pm.

Prior to booking with Giovanni, I had read some questionable comments regarding his company and I cannot believe that any of these comments were legitimate. He is without a doubt an incredible, passionate and knowledgeable guide with excellent and safe driving skills who will provide you with an amazing tour and day on the Amalfi Coast.

If anyone has any questions, just ask. You will not be disappointed with his company and services.

I attempted to upload a photo from the tour but was not successful.