Equinox playroom

Yanis

I haven't been able to find a single picture of the children's playroom on the Equinox - is there even one? Our children will turn 3 on the cruise we are planning to go on, has anyone else travelled with children this age?

Yanis,

I can´t help you with photos of the Equinox, but here you´ll find photos of the Eclipse. Check the deck plans, the Fun Factory is located on deck 15 forward. 3 yo will be "shipmates" (3-5 y). You´ll find more about the program here. Celebrity has a pretty good kids program.

steamboats

• 1 year later...

Hi Yanis

I saw on a thread you were going on the Equinox with your 3 year old. I'm taking my 3 and 2 year old in August

I just wanted to find out how you found the fun factory? Good or bad?

And did you ever use the baby sitting service?

Thanks in advance

Adam

Hi Adam!

Yes, we did use both the fun factory and the babysitting service, and were very happy about it. The fun factory only admits children from 3 year though, there is a play area there for smaller children, but they will have to be accompanied by their parents.

Our twins turned 3 on the second day of our cruise! The first day we stayed with them in the play area, and they wanted to go back, so we checked them in for a short time in the fun factory. The next day they stayed for a bit longer. They will get a wrist band that they have to wear for the duration of the cruise, and the staff in the fun factory give you a phone in case you need to be in touch. They often take them to different places on the ship, such as the lawn on the top deck for games, and one day they went to the ocean view café to make cupcakes. Our children do not speak English, but they were still happy to go, and even learned to count from 1 to 10 in English before we left! I think in general the quality of the service in the fun factory really depends on who is working there at the time, who is in charge.

When we went there was an inflatable splash pool on the pool deck for small children. There aren't generally many small children on board, but we found it perfectly suitable for our needs.

We used the babysitting for the last of the formal nights on board, and two members of staff arrived (apparently they never go alone, but you still pay the same price), one woman and one man. The woman had worked in the fun factory before so the children recognized her. They had brought some crayons and colouring sheets to entertain the children, and it all went smoothly.

I hope this answers your questions, and that you will have a brilliant time!

Thanks so much Yaris that is great information

Did you have any trouble booking babysitter? Did you have to book early?

Really looking forward to it just hope the kids have a good time!

What time did your kids stay in the fun factory till? I saw they have an evening activity

Thanks again

Adam

I can't remember really when we booked it, it was probably one of the early days on the ship. I think they just noted our request at first, and then got back to us to say that it was confirmed. Sometimes communication in general is not great on the ship, so make sure that you have everything properly confirmed.

Most of the time we used the fun factory in the morning, before noon. I think they stayed a maximum of 2-3 hours at a time. We always had lunch and dinner together, the whole family. One day they may have been there for some time both in the morning and in the afternoon. But we didn't use it every day, only when we were at sea or when we didn't want to do any excursions off the ship.