Is There A Best Time To Use WIFI ???

Cruisin4US

On one of my trips I had to do something quick for work while I was away so I took the minute plan thinking I was going to get on, do what I needed to do and get off and not use it again. Almost $75 later and numerous complaints to the poor guy in the Internet Hub because of the slow speed and because it wouldn't let me log out. He didn't believe me until he tried it and the same thing happened. I swore I would never buy Internet again on a cruise ship.

I never found a decent time to use it, it was generally just slow to the point of being unusable. Even dial-up 15 years ago was faster.

On one of my trips I had to do something quick for work while I was away so I took the minute plan thinking I was going to get on, do what I needed to do and get off and not use it again. Almost $75 later and numerous complaints to the poor guy in the Internet Hub because of the slow speed and because it wouldn't let me log out. He didn't believe me until he tried it and the same thing happened. I swore I would never buy Internet again on a cruise ship.

I never found a decent time to use it, it was generally just slow to the point of being unusable. Even dial-up 15 years ago was faster.

There is no longer an internet manager. If a problem must contact guest services.

Last week on the Glory despite several attempts could not get on. Called guest services to find out if there was a problem with internet and the guy said it was definitely working.

Asked him what he suggested and he told me to bring my laptop there.

Get there and he said oops didnt know it wasnt working.

There is no longer an internet manager. If a problem must contact guest services.

That would explain on the Splendor last week why no one was in there and there was no desk with hours on it. I did think that was strange. Maybe they all went to Royal Caribbean where their Internet works just fine. ;)

After hearing how slow the internet is, I was just wondering if there is a better time during the day/night to use it, or is it always slow no matter what time of day? (We'll be sailing on the Breeze).

Thanks!

I was on the Breeze last year during the Labor Day holiday, I had online classes to submit work to, and to do some online searching for articles/journals. The best time get on is first thing in the morning, when the sun is coming up, or around 6:00am!!! Two of the best spots that we (several other online students onboard) found was in the Internet Cafe in Ocean Plaza, and on the Lido Deck (#10) and #11 under the satellites. It took us a few days to figure out the reception would be better under the satellite but it worked. If I remember correctly there were computers in this area also.

As stated, there is no Internet Manager, but if there is a problem go to GS. They can check your account, and see how long you were on, if there were latency/delay issues, etc. I had no problem recovering lost minutes (30 minutes) by going to GS, and in a few minutes I had the minutes added back, and a credit to my account (enough for two DOD's!!!!!!).

Edited by sjcruiser

We usually buy a 100-minute package for a 7-day cruise. Twice each day, we would login, read an email message, make a quick reply, and then log off. On every try, we used no less than 7 minutes. So, our 100 minutes was completely used for only two emails per day.