Question for Florida residents...

SPacificbound

When my brain was apparently out to lunch I stuck this question in another thread accidentally. :o

We have a cruise in February 2015.

Instead of taking the chance that flights leaving Houston will be cancelled due to equipment not able to get here, (it happens every year) we are going to Florida a week ahead and flying out of Miami or Fort Lauderdale for Buenos Aires.

Having only been to Orlando, I am looking for recommendations for the best place to spend the week. I plan to rent a condo preferably, and am thinking Miami, Fort Lauderdale or the Keys.

Best airline for that one way flight? I am thinking Lan maybe? Any suggestions for flights that won't be originating up north or eastern seaboard?

Thank you! :)

I have found Lan and Copa to have some of the consistently best fares from Miami to BA. Lan is currently running a business class sale, but not sure if it applies to one way fares. American Airlines can also be competitive, depending on times and dates.

Places in Florida such as Miami's South Beach and Key West are apples and oranges. You need to decide what you are looking for and what your priorities are to narrow down the best place for you.

I have found Lan and Copa to have some of the consistently best fares from Miami to BA. Lan is currently running a business class sale, but not sure if it applies to one way fares. American Airlines can also be competitive, depending on times and dates.

Places in Florida such as Miami's South Beach and Key West are apples and oranges. You need to decide what you are looking for and what your priorities are to narrow down the best place for you.

Thank you. :)

I would drive down to Key West for 2 days. It's a beautiful drive and you will enjoy the island.

On the Drive back up I would stop at theater of the sea and have lunch along the way. Spend the rest of the time in Miami- south beach or Fort Lauderdale near the port.

Enjoy