Gluten Free Options?

Haven't sailed with this company but cruise lines do cater for all types of food variations the thing is some do it better than others.

For your main meals you will order the day before as for the rest it will be down to how good the company is, but you will not starve although your choices can be limited.

My mom has to eat gluten free and had a great time on the Allure.

She went to the MDR on boarding day and told them she needs gluten free food. For the rest of the cruise they prepared special meals for her which she loved.

In Sorrento's on the promenade you can ask for gluten free pizza. It takes a few minutes for them to make it, since they don't have it just sitting out there like the regular pizza, but my mom liked it a lot and said it was good.

In Caffe Promenade you can ask for gluten free cookies. They have a couple of kinds and they're delicious.

In the Windjammer you can find food that's gluten free, and of course there is always the salad bar in there, as well as in the Park Caffe and the MDR for lunch.

In WindJammer you need to be careful of cross contamination.

Have breakfast in the MDR. You can get GF muffins, bagels, french toast and pancakes on request.

In the evening in the MDR you should ask your waiter for the menu for the next evening so that you can select from the options that can be prepared GF. On the first night this may be a little more difficult to set up so I strongly recommend you email special_needs@rccl.com with your reservation details so that they can be prepared for you. Items that can be prepared GF will be noted on the menus but are not prepared GF for all so do need to be pre-ordered.

When dining at a specialty restaurant they too should be given a heads up that you are coming so that they can be prep-warned. Desserts especially can be an issue.

In the buffet I strongly advise seeing a head chef there for a tour of what is prepared GF. French fries may not be.... neither will gravies or mashed potatoes.... On sea days you can eat lunch in the MDR and they will have GF options that can also be pre-ordered (see the menu at dinner the night before). The salad dressings there may all be GF but the wait or serve staff will probably not know..... seek the advice of the head chef. It's a fabulous salad!!

It has been my unfortunate experience on receiving food where GF has been requested may not actually be GF..... seriously.... so always double check on receipt that it is indeed GF....

Johnny Rockets will have GF buns.

ETA : the soya they use in sushi is not necessarily GF..... ask to see the bottle.....

Edited by NorbertsNiece

Jimmy Kimmel says,

7% of the US population is allergic to gluttons

The other 93% are tired of hearing about it. :)

I don't know why I thought that was funny and worthy of mentioning here :)

I don't know either. Gluttony is nothing to do with Glutens. Maybe we can have one GF thread that stays on topic but I seriously doubt it.

I don't know either. Gluttony is nothing to do with Glutens. Maybe we can have one GF thread that stays on topic but I seriously doubt it.

What fun would that be? Besides, the question was asked and answered beautifully by you .... there is no intent to hijack a thread. Besides it wasn't like we were talking about important stuff like tipping or smoking or smuggling booze.

What fun would that be? Besides, the question was asked and answered beautifully by you .... there is no intent to hijack a thread. Besides it wasn't like we were talking about important stuff like tipping or smoking or smuggling booze.

That is of course true.... I'm a bit short on humour today.... with the search function disabled any more threads to do with irons or MTD or gratuities or D+ perks will send me to the cookie cupboard (if I had one).

That is of course true.... I'm a bit short on humour today.... with the search function disabled any more threads to do with irons or MTD or gratuities or D+ perks will send me to the cookie cupboard (if I had one).

I assure you, there was nothing offensive intended on my part. As I always do when I am wishing I was at sea, I read about it here. Over the past couple years on this site, well it has lost some of its appeal. The repetitive post and the control junkies that proclaim themselves experts ... It is just not as fun as it used to be. I do look for humor and fun here and occasionally try to create some. It is usually a wasted effort on my part.

Have a great day.

Calm seas and following winds