A Perfect Cruise - Western Caribbean - Houston

cruiseidaho

Azamara' date=' Seabourn, Celebrity, Oceania. Trying Crystal this summer because I got a good deal, otherwise too expensive. Sailed on HAL twenty years ago and enjoyed it mainly for the itinerary, not sure I would like it today.[/quote']

Actually you might like HAL. I started cruising with Radisson later Regent and

I've been on Crystal. Of late I've found I like HAL's Vista class ships. At just below 2000 pax, they do not seem crowded. The Neptune and Vista suites are good sized and have both a tub and a shower stall.

I'm on a March cruise on the CB with a family group. We did another cruise

on the Island Princess and the kids loved the kids program. Personally, I liked the IP but I would still give the HAL ships a slight edge.

We're excited to get on board and love the review. Realize that someone higher than us is in charge of weather and we plan to go with happy hearts to be on vacation and not i the office. We plan to dress up for each other on formal night and a tux makes me feel like my husband spent some time getting ready to bring a smile to my face. We women spend time primping to look nice and have a special night ( or some may enjoy having things more casual). Either way remember this is your cruise and time away ,enjoy it from start to finish just the way you want. I think reading all the reviews and advice let's us get more excited and plan things to do and this is our 14th cruise !

If you wake up early enough, you might want to check on taking the Marriott shuttle van elsewhere. We learned ironically from a lady staffing the Princess desk in the Marriott lobby that there is a mall very close by with restaurants and apparently a place to buy bottles of wine (which is what a couple of folks on our transfer bus that we waited for were doing). If you're early risers, you can probably try that for breakfast.

Why thank you my good friend. Just the kind of specialized knowledge that makes Cruise Critic so useful.

We will certainly check that out.

Thanks again.

If you wake up early enough, you might want to check on taking the Marriott shuttle van elsewhere. We learned ironically from a lady staffing the Princess desk in the Marriott lobby that there is a mall very close by with restaurants and apparently a place to buy bottles of wine (which is what a couple of folks on our transfer bus that we waited for were doing). If you're early risers, you can probably try that for breakfast.

beware of Greenspoint Mall west of IAH. a dangerous area. Houston PD had to open a substation there. probably Ok in daylight with a group. don't go there at night or alone.

there is another mall area in Humble, east of IAH, and it is rough, but less so. i think it is called Deerwood.

north side of Houston between IAH and downtown is scary. you can be safe but only if you are aware.

i lived in Houston north for 33 years. the deterioration of the areas mentioned was rapid and shocking.

Edited by Sailin' Shoes