Getaway or Epic?

BiXLL

I honestly couldn't say. They are both great ships.

I'm tempted to say do the Epic if you aren't going to go to Europe, as it may be your last chances. However, research the issues that people have with it (bathroom setup and lack of promenade are the two that spring to mind).

We had the same choice as you and went for the Getaway as we will soon be able to do the Epic in Europe whenever we like. I honestly couldn't recommend one over the other.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Haven't been on Getaway yet, but we LOVED the Epic! If you plan to cruise in a suite, Epic for sure as the Haven area appears nicer, at least in the pictures. Plus, Epic is leaving the US, so cruise her while you have a chance! Getaway is not going anywhere!

We would have chosen Epic again for our upcoming June cruise, but since she will be in Europe then it didn't work out.

Depends how much you value sea views and nightlife or traditional affair.

Getaway has much better connection with the sea with the Waterfront, traditional rooms for library, card games etc..

Epic has a much better indoor lounge area in Bliss as opposed to a dance floor and bar on Getaway.

Do you like bowling? Epic has full size 10-pin, Getaway has mini bowls.

If the itinerary was a warm one I'd go for Getaway, if it was a colder one or like a TA I'd go with Epic .

For solo travellers Epic is better with double the no. Studios and much larger studio lounge than Getaway.

If your picture is correct, you just sailed the Western Caribbean on the Dawn so I'd try the Getaway for the Eastern Caribbean. We did the Eastern Caribbean on the Epic and have to say we loved the Epic. We had a large balcony cabin on Deck 12 and large it was!! I don't think you can go wrong with either. Does sailing day matter since GA is Sat-Sat and Epic is Sun-Sun? Some people prefer to have that extra day at home before returning to work. Just something to consider.

Trying to decide on next cruise. Thinking I may want to try the Epic before it goes to Europe, but the Getaway is very interesting too. Which do the cruisers that have done both prefer and why?

I've been on Epic twice, and have a 3rd cruise booked on her for November. We are sailing Getaway in April. Since Epic is leaving, I'd book that one. Getaway isn't going anywhere.