Juneau shuttle times to Mendenhall

aachasman

i'm trying to develop some sort of schedule for the port time(8-6) we have in juneau. Maybe do the Orca Enterprise tour at 9 am, then lunch at Tracy's, then shuttle to Mendenhall for a few hours. This is the first week of June. I was wondering if the shuttles to Mendenhall operate all day long and do they operate every hour on the half hour or hour or do they just fill up and go? I am cramming too much into this itinerary? Thanks

i'm trying to develop some sort of schedule for the port time(8-6) we have in juneau. Maybe do the Orca Enterprise tour at 9 am, then lunch at Tracy's, then shuttle to Mendenhall for a few hours. This is the first week of June. I was wondering if the shuttles to Mendenhall operate all day long and do they operate every hour on the half hour or hour or do they just fill up and go? I am cramming too much into this itinerary? Thanks

They run every half hour . Leave Juneau on the hour and leave the Glacier on the half. There are two shuttle companies to the Glacier from the pier .

They both have the same schedule but different bus colors.

Do you know about how far it is to the shuttle bus depot from tracy's crab legs restaurant? Thanks.

It's only about a block, but "restaurant" is a huge exaggeration. It's called Tracy's Crab Shack for a reason. It's a walk up food stand with some picnic tables under a tent. :D

Do you know about how far it is to the shuttle bus depot from tracy's crab legs restaurant? Thanks.

Try doing a Google search on Tracy's Crab Shack. Great crab but certainly not a restaurant.

DON

Edited by donaldsc

• 4 weeks later...
If you do it that way, you are going to be wasting time backtracking since Mendenhall Glacier is out in the same direction where you will be going whale watching with Orca Enterprises.

To save time, you can have Orca drop you off at Mendenhall after your whale watch. Then just ride the next shuttle back to your ship whenever you are ready to leave. You can pay the shuttle driver the one-way fare.

By not buying a shuttle bus ticket in advance, you are free to ride either the blue or white bus back, whichever shows up first.

Many people do a whale watching/Mendenhall combination so it is really not cramming in too much at all to do both.

Some also take the tram ride up the side of the mountain, either before or after, or both before and after, since the tram tickets are good for unlimited rides all day long, although the timing may be too tight for you if you need to be back on board the ship by 5:30.

It is much easier to do, with Alaska's long daylight hours, if you are on one of the ships that leaves later.

Edited by fleckle