Delayed boarding on legend

lukeduke07

We've been waiting over an hour in line and they're not letting anyone on the ship. Also not letting anyone in the building due to it being at capacity. I need a drink!

Has the ship arrived in port? Have the previous cruisers disembarked?

When we sailed on Legend from Tampa in 2012 there was a delay in debarking pax due to late arrival at the port.

Those in line outside (inside full) were given the option to hop on one of 3 buses they'd brought to the top and go to the Convention Center for a free lunch and relaxing atmosphere. We were still given the $15 pp OBC because of the delayed boarding.

Our bus did not return to the port till about 2:30 or so because our CCL "guide" wanted to wait till the line died down. We were so happy that they made a "bad situation" good.

It Is the first sailing after drydock. The ship arrived on time. Not sure what the problem is. No one that works here knows either. At least they aren't telling anyone.

They should at least let you know what's going on.

Re. my response above - we were well rested by going to the Convention Center. I don't stand well and would have been exhausted by the time we boarded Legend if we had not gone to the Convention Center and boarded later when the lines had gone way down.

I don't believe there were any previous cruisers on this ship, as it came directly from Freeport, right out of dry dock. I would think this should have been a speedy embarkation, once the contractors were off the ship.

Hope it's all ready to go....

Keep us posted..

Good Luck!!!!!

We could leave but were literally standing right in front of the check in desks. I don't want to lose my place in line. My knees are not happy right now.

As I mentioned on an above post, I do not stand well. I have a "seat cane" from Magellan that I take on all cruises in case I have to wait in a long line. I also take it to Muster Drill. Those are the only times I use it, but it's so worth it.

One guy said the ship arrived late due to bad weather in the Bahamas. Then another said its because contractors that are still on board. It sounds like no one knows. Either way, the vending machine in the waiting area is making a killing!

You will just enjoy that Guys Burger and DOD, THAT much more:D:D:D

Hope you get on soon, and give those knees a break...

Keep us posted.....and most of all, ENJOY

Unfortunately no Guys with the upgrade...I was totally bummed to find this out.

OP hope you are able to board soon...having had two total knee replacements I also do not stand for long periods of time and know how you feel...Have an awesome cruise...we'll be waving to you on the 23rd :-)

Edited by MEOWSMURPHY

You will just enjoy that Guys Burger and DOD, THAT much more:D:D:D

Hope you get on soon, and give those knees a break...

Keep us posted.....and most of all, ENJOY

No guys burgers on the Legend.... and there must be contractors on there cause it is just back from dry dock. New water slide though :D

Two things I have learned from Cruise Critic: (1) never book the last cruise before a drydock and (2) never book the first cruise after a drydock. Too much work goes on before and after the actual drydock dates. OP, hope you're aboard soon and enjoying that drink!:)

Two things I have learned from Cruise Critic: (1) never book the last cruise before a drydock and (2) never book the first cruise after a drydock. Too much work goes on before and after the actual drydock dates. OP, hope you're aboard soon and enjoying that drink!:)

I hear ya but we only had this week available due to our kids being out of school. It's cool though, all is well I am onboard, eating a burger, and the wife is bringing me a drink.

I hear ya but we only had this week available due to our kids being out of school. It's cool though, all is well I am onboard, eating a burger, and the wife is bringing me a drink.
We used to do the President's Week cruises - while DH wasn't teaching college. Now his breaks and the kids' breaks don't line up, so we're limited to July-August cruising.:( Hope you have a great cruise!

One guy said the ship arrived late due to bad weather in the Bahamas. Then another said its because contractors that are still on board. It sounds like no one knows. Either way, the vending machine in the waiting area is making a killing!

The thread with pics of dry dock showed all the contractors in the auditorium early this morning.

Just read you're on board, congrats! Have fun!

How's the DJ noise level on Lido?

Edited by crusinpsychRN