Weird question - Taking food packed for excursions..

mnsweeps

The fruit flies were not brought to California by a cruise ship which originated in the US.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

You are COMPLETELY missing the point, just like every time I've seen this argument come up in the last year on CC. You are wrong. You lose. Good day, Sir.

Refraining from bringing food off the ship isn't a matter of opinion, it's the law.

Never said it wasn't against a rule. I'm only questioning the reason behind the rule. Do you blindly follow all rules?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by Cruzface

[quote name='Cruzface']Once again, I know the rule. I am simply questioning the reason for it. I don't what is hard to comprehend...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app[/quote]

Many times it has been stated that it is to protect whatever ecosystem is left after the damage that has been wrought by the ignorances of past generations. For those living in the States it is easier for us to use the US as an example.

Let's see, invading pests introduced into the Continental US from abroad-
Fireants, Med Fruit Fly, West Nile Virus, Those HUGE snakes in the Everglades, Asian Psylliad (attacks cirtus,this one has it's own website), Africanized Honey bees, that fish that can walk on land, Kudzu.....
Are these from cruiseship pax bringing on fruit, no but who is to say that the worm in your fruit isn't something potentially dmamging. Yes, I've had insects in my fruit. Even seen them buzzing around onboard.

I know Hawai'i's ecosystem is completely shot after the intro of species into their ecosystem They try to keep everything out to prevent more damage. New Zealand and Australia have EXTREMELY strict laws with HUGE fines about what can and cannot be brought in.