Legend of the Seas, 2/3/14 - 2/14/14 Another Review

We are going to be in 7054, now I am concerned with the noise factor. We are sort of early to bed, early to rise folks, should I buy ear plugs is it really that bad. Thought maybe it would calm down around 11:00 pm - yes/no. Please give me your thoughts if you were either in this room or close to this room. Thank you. :(

We were in 7052 and our friends were in 7054. No noise problems at all! It was a convenient center location.

Tip 1: Short cut to the Windjammer/ Pool. Take the hall forward about halfway and there are stairs to the right that go directly up to the WJ and the 24/7 coffee.

Tip 2: The swoosh at the top of the cabin number always points to the bow (or maybe stern).

Funny story: I never could seem to get my bearings on this ship. On day one I ended up at cabin 7552 (we were 7052) and entered my key card, door opened and I was standing there staring at another couple staring back at me. How did they get in my room? Their cabin attendant walked by, confirmed my key did, in fact, open their door and then pointed me in the right direction.

Great review so far and I am looking forward to reading the rest. Thank you for taking the time to post. :)

Lisa

I have this cruise booked for 2015 - believe me I would be very annoyed for changes other than weather related. As for Labadee - wouldn't mind skipping that one and more time on other islands.

Robin, enjoyed your review. We were on the 12/12 sailing, right after the noro outbreak. No noro on our cruise but the first two days you couldn't even pick up a sugar packet. Everything was handed to you.

We were Diamonds and met up with a lot of the D and D+ in the lounge each evening. Everyone agreed there was just something 'off' on this cruise. One couple who we had sailed with before even cancelled Legend for next Dec.

It was hard to put your finger on what was off, but it was definitely different than all of our other cruises. I liked the Vision Class, but like you really loved the Radiance class. I did sail Grandeur before the refits. Maybe that was what made this cruise feel different.

Love the Tshirt protest. We also got stuck with Labadee instead of St. Lucia and the Freedom was in port with us. We stayed on the ship!!

Also found troubling was the 'silent upsell' of drinks. Asked for a Regular Bloody Mary and was given an Ultimate at $2 more. Refused to pay for it and got what I asked for.

Also one time ordered the Regular Bloody, watched the bartender use the well vodka then charge me for the Ultimate. Felt like they were stealing the money out of my pocket. Sent an email regarding this practice but never got a reply. Also complained to C&A along with my compliments.

I much appreciate the review! We leave on the Legend out of San Diego in just about 6 weeks and, hopefully, will have time to learn how to navigate the ship over the next two weeks as we travel to Fort Lauderdale. My one concern now is the lack of four person tables. We requested a four top for a change as we're travelling with friends...we usually ask for a big table...and now I'm worried that we might have made a mistake. Hopefully, the fact that we have late dining will be our salvation and we won't end up with the same table you had by the staff entrance! Thanks again for the information...and I'd love to see the protest photo posted!

Judy, I think we were taken on the drinks, too. I knew they were $1 or $2 higher than the menu prices and, unfortunately, didn't do anything about it.

I do think they have worked out most of the repositioning kinks. The crew and staff were great (except ours). I think I had false expectations for a refurbished ship. My thinking was that the worn and broken furnishings and fixtures would be fixed or replaced and the ship would look better than it did.

JohnBoy, there are plenty of chairs if you don't care about being right by the pool or in the Solarium.

Go up to deck 10 and walk aft, behind the mini golf where there is a stairway down to a private deck area behind the fitness center (you can walk through the fitness center rear door to check it out when you exercise).

There is a big overhang for those wanting shade but most of the area is in the sun. The ship structure blocks the wind and there is a wonderful view over the wake. It was my favorite place to read, but you will totally miss the pool activities and must get your own drinks. We could always find lounge chairs here because most people hadn't found this area.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tablet using Tapatalk

Thanks Robin

I read about this little area somewhere else....it sounds great! I will file this area into my memory banks.

John in NC

Britty, if you look at the deck plans the cabin numbers on deck 7 are off. We were in 7053, which used to be the library or some such. It opens directly onto the centrum, despite the plan which shows there is a door there. Very very noisy. That said, 7054 isn't anywhere near 7053! They just added our cabin numbers in and they are not consecutive. With the earplugs I was OK, but without it would have been a nightmare.

I was back to work today.....holy cow it was 85 on my way home at 5:15. Crazy!!

You will love the Legend, we really did as we enjoy the smaller ships. I have to agree with Robin that (even though we were in one of the POV cabins on Deck 7 that covered up the windows and we loved it) we did miss the windows to the sea and the open part of the Centrum. It did feel closed in, because it was.

Wonderful cruise for us...would do it again!

Britty, if you look at the deck plans the cabin numbers on deck 7 are off. We were in 7053, which used to be the library or some such. It opens directly onto the centrum, despite the plan which shows there is a door there. Very very noisy. That said, 7054 isn't anywhere near 7053! They just added our cabin numbers in and they are not consecutive. With the earplugs I was OK, but without it would have been a nightmare.

I was back to work today.....holy cow it was 85 on my way home at 5:15. Crazy!!

You will love the Legend, we really did as we enjoy the smaller ships. I have to agree with Robin that (even though we were in one of the POV cabins on Deck 7 that covered up the windows and we loved it) we did miss the windows to the sea and the open part of the Centrum. It did feel closed in, because it was.

Wonderful cruise for us...would do it again!

Thank you so much for your update as to were your room was, I will take a look at the ship again. So glad you were happy with your cruise, the legend is the first ship we sailed on out of San Diego going to Mexico, loved it then but we have been on adventure, freedom and mariner since then. Loved them all.

• 2 weeks later...
We were in 7052 and our friends were in 7054. No noise problems at all! It was a convenient center location.

Tip 1: Short cut to the Windjammer/ Pool. Take the hall forward about halfway and there are stairs to the right that go directly up to the WJ and the 24/7 coffee.

Tip 2: The swoosh at the top of the cabin number always points to the bow (or maybe stern).

Funny story: I never could seem to get my bearings on this ship. On day one I ended up at cabin 7552 (we were 7052) and entered my key card, door opened and I was standing there staring at another couple staring back at me. How did they get in my room? Their cabin attendant walked by, confirmed my key did, in fact, open their door and then pointed me in the right direction.

Thanks for the tip Robin.

We will be in 7060 and will use those stairs all the time.

Also nice to hear that atrium noise shouldn't be a problem.

That was our biggest concern with our cabin.

Thanks for the tip Robin.

We will be in 7060 and will use those stairs all the time.

Also nice to hear that atrium noise shouldn't be a problem.

That was our biggest concern with our cabin.

You will have a wonderful cruise and your room is in a great location. Several CC members from our roll call have booked the 2/6/15 sailing because we all had so much fun on this cruise. The size of the ship, the length of the itineray and our CC group made this one of my favorite cruises. There were some hiccups along the way but nothing that detracted from an overall fantastic time.

Judy, I think we were taken on the drinks, too. I knew they were $1 or $2 higher than the menu prices and, unfortunately, didn't do anything about it.

I do think they have worked out most of the repositioning kinks. The crew and staff were great (except ours). I think I had false expectations for a refurbished ship. My thinking was that the worn and broken furnishings and fixtures would be fixed or replaced and the ship would look better than it did.

Thank you for the great review. I know how hard it is to write a balanced review as sometimes it appears more negative than the cruise really was. Good to know you had a great time, that is important.

Also good to hear they have worked out the repositioning issues. In November we had the opposite of you. Our wait staff was great but the MTD manager was a disaster. Still had a memorable cruise anyway. :)