What will the Escape and Bliss Home Ports be?

BrPanthers99

What will the homeports be for the Escape and Bliss  

215 members have voted

1. 1. What will the homeports be for the Escape and Bliss

• Both in FL
    • Both in NY
    • Both in Europe
    • NY and FL
    • NY and Europe
    • FL and Europe
    • FL and New Orleans
    • NY and New Orleans
    • FL and CA
    • NY and CA
    • Other (Explain)

There is big money in the NYC area and many people do not want to fly. Putting more ships in NY is a winning strategy

I agree right up to the point where the offpeak may be an issue. i can't imagine Breakaway and one of the new ones filling up off peak. While I am one of those that don't care to give airlines my money anymore...you can only do FL/Bahamas so many times.

Bermuda is the money maker in our area...obviously. But then would the fares be too high?

I will say...keeping the maximum passengers to the 4000+ seems to be a happy medium (as opposed to Allure/Oasis at 6000+ pax). i still maintain that when i cruise i want to get away from the hustle and bustle of NYC...not bring the metro area with me on vacation! hahhahahahaha...!

Edited by ZoneHPH

There is big money in the NYC area and many people do not want to fly. Putting more ships in NY is a winning strategy

There are already two ships in NYC year-round.

I think Bliss will be in Europe with Epic and the Spirit/Star type ones migrated back to the niche ports in the US

I doubt that they'd place any bigger ships to itineraries like Baltics in the summer - there has to be smaller ships here too, at least in the summer season.

4000 pax ship in Eastern Med would be an overkill also, they are already discounting the cruises for local markets there in order to fill the ships.

I could see a new ship heading to New Orleans or Galveston/Houston area. I know Carnival has a new ship in Galveston and the rumor is one of the Freedom class ships will be replacing Navigator year round for RCI in Galveston. This might be a market that NCL will want to compete with a new ship. If not, then they could better develop and easily win the ship race in New Orleans. Both ports are drivable for those of us in the midwest.

My understanding the EPIC is to wide to make its way through the panama canal. Can the new ships make it through the the canal?

The end result is that they need to keep a certain number of the older ships in North America to reposition to Alaska during the summer. Alternatively it would be to sail around South America. It will be interesting to see what happens on the west coat.

My understanding the EPIC is to wide to make its way through the panama canal. Can the new ships make it through the the canal?

The end result is that they need to keep a certain number of the older ships in North America to reposition to Alaska during the summer. Alternatively it would be to sail around South America. It will be interesting to see what happens on the west coat.

Epic and the new away class will be able to fit through the enlarged canal when it finally opens. In theory Oasis class can but then would be stuck as can't fit under the Bridge of Americas .

Couldn't you also say

There is big money in the the UK and many people do not want to fly

especially as there are more people in the UK than in NYC.

Im hoping Boston. I love the Dawn, but 4 years already? Needing something new. Especially when the only competition is HA.

Oh, and......There is big money in Boston and many people do not want to fly !!!

Edited by DISNEY1975

I can see a new ship sailing out of Houston. The competition is heating up

You guys in FL and NY already have new ships. It is time for one on the best(west) coast

Would love to see a new ship sail out of San Francisco:D

Escape is taking over Epic's route and slot so a Miami.

I think Bliss will be in Europe with Epic and the Spirit/Star type ones migrated back to the niche ports in the US

So Miami would have Getaway and Escape?

To me (just me), doesn't make sense for a Megaship in Miami. TONS of competition. The sailings out of Miami are rarely sold out. Why would you add another 4200 cabins to that market?

Im still sticking with Boston, but CA would be a smart choice too.. Nice year round weather.

So Miami would have Getaway and Escape?

To me (just me), doesn't make sense for a Megaship in Miami. TONS of competition. The sailings out of Miami are rarely sold out. Why would you add another 4200 cabins to that market?

Exactly because that is the biggest market with most competition. There is no point of putting new big ships to smaller markets.

Im still sticking with Boston, but CA would be a smart choice too.. Nice year round weather.

I'd say that placing Bliss to CA would be pretty good guess, there are already so many ships on the Eastern side. Homeporting her to f.ex. San Juan would be a good move also - better choices of Caribbean ports for week long cruises; regular cruises to ABC islands, St Maarten etc.

Edited by Demonyte

I'd say that placing Bliss to CA would be pretty good guess, there are already so many ships on the Eastern side. Homeporting her to f.ex. San Juan would be a good move also - better choices of Caribbean ports for week long cruises; regular cruises to ABC islands, St Maarten etc.

I sailed out of SJ last May (week ending Mem. Day weekend). We were the only ship in port most days, stopping at 5 different ports. A couple of tour guides stated that it was the beginning of rain season and most cruises stop going there for the summer (St Kitts and St Lucia).

I specifically chose April this year on the Getaway to avoid the daily rain! If Boston doesn't get a megaship, maybe moving Epic to MA would be nice.

Edited by DISNEY1975

They will go to Florida and some older ships will be moved to smaller markets.

NY has a brand new ship and the 3rd oldest. Epic is moving to Europe, so they don't need one.

Bill

The Gem is the 3rd oldest in the fleet???

Nope, she's the fourth newest behind the Epic, Breakaway and Getaway.

Edited by YankeeFan4Ever