Carnival Loyalty Program

VacationsRme

No, it is for days sailed, not for how much you spend.

Correct. Now RCCL gives double credits for booking a JS and above.:D All you get with CCL for booking Suites is a larger room, whirlpool tub, and priority embark/debark.

Edited by Georgiagolfer

Almost thinking of taking my cruising elsewhere, you can go to Princess or RC and get better loyalty.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Next one is our first on Princess. That is not because of loyalty program but because of entertainment becoming pathetic.

Actually that is high praise for their program Stu.

So you think I should have called it pathetic instead of pretty pathetic?

Does have a few good things going for it such as laundry and faster to get on and off but not enough to make me want to reach diamond.

So you think I should have called it pathetic instead of pretty pathetic?

Does have a few good things going for it such as laundry and faster to get on and off but not enough to make me want to reach diamond.

I've been cruising with CCL since 1992. In April it will be my 32nd cruise and during those 31 cruises I've had one or two upgrades(going from an inside cabin to an outside cabin). I am Diamond and the only so called perks that use are the priory embarkation and debarkation. The laundry perk I also use . You would think that when you reach Diamond you would get an upgrade now and then. However I do realize that CCL does not have to us anything for being repeat cruisers so I guess it could be worse and I should be pleased for what CCL does give me.

Gary

Edited by Shipbound

Ncl one get a extra point for suites ( not mini). Extra point for booking 9 months out. Xtra point for latitude offer so if you book a suite (not mini) 9 months out you can earn 3 points per day or more.. Platinium is 76 points

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I think Carnival's loyalty program is pretty good. We have been Platinum since 2006 which is when Carnival began the program. I understood when they changed it from number of cruises to number of days sailed. It just makes it more fair. We feel very special when a crewmember says "Welcome Home" after seeing our cards. We get a gift, chocolate desserts delivered to the cabin and the best part, early embarkation. We also get off earlier which is great if you have an early flight. We book through a travel agent and we get better rates because of our loyalty to Carnival. We are at 148 days so far with another cruise booked for October. We have never sailed on another line and don't intend to. We are trying to become Diamond and we are well on our way!

I think Carnival's loyalty program is pretty good. We have been Platinum since 2006 which is when Carnival began the program. I understood when they changed it from number of cruises to number of days sailed. It just makes it more fair. We feel very special when a crewmember says "Welcome Home" after seeing our cards. We get a gift, chocolate desserts delivered to the cabin and the best part, early embarkation. We also get off earlier which is great if you have an early flight. We book through a travel agent and we get better rates because of our loyalty to Carnival. We are at 148 days so far with another cruise booked for October. We have never sailed on another line and don't intend to. We are trying to become Diamond and we are well on our way!

It was ok and than instead of improving it like they said they would they took away a number of things and added nothing.

My elite perks on Princess put my Diamond Perks to shame free mini bar setup,free dry cleaning with the Laundry free 150 minutes on internet on 7 day cruise