Celebrity Suite balconies on the Millie..and Blu

kymbakitty

I'm looking at a cruise on the Millie and the only two CS left are 9096 and 9098.

Hum....why oh why are those two on that floor the only ones left. Cruise is still 8+ months away, so it's not like it's leaving in a few weeks, so there are many cabins/categories still open on this two week cruise.

Also, I understand that these CS have had balconies added after it was out of dry dock in May 2012. I read one review where the balcony was 4' deep. WHAT? That's not enough depth for a lounge chair--which is a deal breaker for my DH. :(

And lastly, we LOVE Blu (Solstice). While I see that there has been a Blu added to the Millie, it appears that it is in the same area as the MDR. I don't know why it would matter (the location), but for those of you that have experienced Blu on a Solstice ship and the Millie...is it pretty much the same? We had anytime dining on our 16 day cruise on the Solstice, but as it turned out, we didn't step food into the MDR one time. We really enjoyed Blu. I realize we may not always (or ever) get into Blu, but that's okay...there are plenty of places to eat on a ship.

Thanks all...sitting on a 24 hour hold and need to make a decision. In fact, we have Sky Suite 6131 on hold but I just can't part with $8k for a 250 foot room. May as well go a little higher and get an actual suite (surprised they call any room a "Sky Suite" with just 250 square feet. But the AC is just a little bit too small for the great perk of Blu.

Thanks!!!

I'm looking at a cruise on the Millie and the only two CS left are 9096 and 9098.

Hum....why oh why are those two on that floor the only ones left. Cruise is still 8+ months away, so it's not like it's leaving in a few weeks, so there are many cabins/categories still open on this two week cruise.

Also, I understand that these CS have had balconies added after it was out of dry dock in May 2012. I read one review where the balcony was 4' deep. WHAT? That's not enough depth for a lounge chair--which is a deal breaker for my DH. :(

And lastly, we LOVE Blu (Solstice). While I see that there has been a Blu added to the Millie, it appears that it is in the same area as the MDR. I don't know why it would matter (the location), but for those of you that have experienced Blu on a Solstice ship and the Millie...is it pretty much the same? We had anytime dining on our 16 day cruise on the Solstice, but as it turned out, we didn't step food into the MDR one time. We really enjoyed Blu. I realize we may not always (or ever) get into Blu, but that's okay...there are plenty of places to eat on a ship.

Thanks all...sitting on a 24 hour hold and need to make a decision. In fact, we have Sky Suite 6131 on hold but I just can't part with $8k for a 250 foot room. May as well go a little higher and get an actual suite (surprised they call any room a "Sky Suite" with just 250 square feet. But the AC is just a little bit too small for the great perk of Blu.

Thanks!!!

We are in a CS for B2B in November on Millie, and EVERY suite on these cruises is gone save a couple of RS on the second one and these are 9 months away. These cruises in Asia seem to be selling really well for Celebrity.

Blue is a bit smaller, and _mostly_ the same, but we feel not quite as nice. Instead of having its own kitchen as on the S Class ships, it shares the kitchen with the MDR (it has it"s own section) food has to come up two flights of escalators. Service seems a tad slower, but was generally good.

The reason the two deck 9 CSs are the last to go is simply that thy are under the publics space and _may_ be prone to a bit more noise. The CS is often the best value on M-Class ships now that they have added balconies as it is only marginally smaller than the RS, has great mid-ship location. Certainly a lot nice than a SS.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Thanks!!!

Even though we have been on the Millennium in Sky Suites and I am not sure I can answer your questions about depth of balconies.

However, we've been in Blu on both S-class and "Solstice-ized" M-class ships. I feel that the Blu experience has been equally nice on both ship classes. We have not experienced any slower delivery on M-class ships as compared to S-class ships, and, in fact, have felt that if you wanted something from the MDR menu it has been easier to obtain that MDR item on an M-class than on an S-class ship. Blu has been an equally quiet experience on both M-class and S-class ships. On the "Solstice-ized" M-class ships Blu is located in a section of the original MDR, but Blu is cordoned off with a sound deadening wall. And of course, the menu is the same.

The M-Class CS balconies are very narrow and 4' sounds right. You should note that it has been reported that there can be wind issues on the forward facing balconies.

I personally prefer Blu on the M-class ships because it is smaller and more intimate. On S-Class ships, Blu is too large. The food comes no further than it did when the area was part of MDR.

I personally prefer Blu on the M-class ships because it is smaller and more intimate. On S-Class ships, Blu is too large. The food comes no further than it did when the area was part of MDR.

Project gal: While my husband and I greatly prefer Blu over the MDR on any Celebrity ship, I also actually prefer Blu on the M-class ships over Blu on the S-class ships!

We loved Blu on both M & S class, can't say one was better than the other but we WERE pleased with the conversion on the "M" class as we weren't sure how it could equal the privacy and ambiance of the "S" class and it easily does that, in fact it may actually be quieter than the "S" class because it is a bit smaller.

As to the narrowness of the CS balcony, by all accounts it is only about 4 feet deep but considering how wonderful those suites are, ANY balcony would have made us happy, it was the only thing lacking when we were in one on Summit a few years back. Turn the chair sideways...it IS a very long balcony!!! I'd book it in a heartbeat if I could!!:)

We loved Blu on both M & S class, can't say one was better than the other but we WERE pleased with the conversion on the "M" class as we weren't sure how it could equal the privacy and ambiance of the "S" class and it easily does that, in fact it may actually be quieter than the "S" class because it is a bit smaller.

As to the narrowness of the CS balcony, by all accounts it is only about 4 feet deep but considering how wonderful those suites are, ANY balcony would have made us happy, it was the only thing lacking when we were in one on Summit a few years back. Turn the chair sideways...it IS a very long balcony!!! I'd book it in a heartbeat if I could!!:)

Sorry for missing the balcony question. 4 ft is about right. We had chairs (4) and smaller sized table. We had 2 chairs removed and asked for two foot stools to go with the two reclining chairs. It all worked out well for us. It's not a perfect balcony setup butt he cabin and windows are very nice. Blue does work out quite nicely on the ship.

Happy Sailing,

Jenna

For those that have stayed in Suites, have you had any success getting into Blu? I know there is a very small surcharge, but it is on availability only.

Have you had any experience not being able to get in....?

For some reason, my DH really, really likes Blu. He pretty much believes that is one of the top draws to Celebrity.

Thanks...

For those that have stayed in Suites, have you had any success getting into Blu? I know there is a very small surcharge, but it is on availability only.

Have you had any experience not being able to get in....?

For some reason, my DH really, really likes Blu. He pretty much believes that is one of the top draws to Celebrity.

Thanks...

We never had a problem, in 15 ish dinners, we've receive the recommended $5/tip slip 2-3 times, all on Constellation this past November. The first time on that cruise when heading to Blu, we gave our cabin number, and were told our table was downstairs at 8:30. We simply said "Can we eat here tonight" and were told sure, it is $5/person. We were fine with it. Atfer the first couple of visits, they stopped giving us the slips. Over the 4 weeks on board, we maybe ate dinner than 5-6? times for dinner without problem. We do tend to eat later so it seems there were generally tables available.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Thanks...

He's right, we cruise in AQ for BLU...it's a great venue....you would be better off trying to get into Blu later in the evening....after 8PM...probably have no problem then at all...earlier might be more difficult

He's right, we cruise in AQ for BLU...it's a great venue....you would be better off trying to get into Blu later in the evening....after 8PM...probably have no problem then at all...earlier might be more difficult

He really took to that place...said it was actually a deciding factor on choosing Celebrity again (we've been on about a dozen or so cruises, mostly 14+ nights each).

I just wish you could get the "Aqua Experience" in a larger cabin. 191 square feet is just a little too small for two week cruises. For one week? It wouldn't be that big of a deal, but not two weeks. I know the only option I see for Aqua and a larger cabin in the Aqua Class Suites on the Reflection.

Thanks...

We had a CS on Infinity last October, and thought it was absolutely fantastic.

The balcony is rather narrow, granted, but its very long, and sweeps around the full curve of the full length windows of the lounge area. The suite itself was amazing, and I can understand why people booked them even before they had the balcony added. We had 2 recliner chairs, 2 footstools and a small table, which we thought was more than adequate for what we wanted. We ate lunch outside quite few days with no problem at all.

We had no problem eating in Blu, I made a point of 'making friends' with the MD, and always asked if it was possible if we could join them for dinner, rather than assuming it was OK. He was brilliant, and always found us a nice table, and we made some lovely friends with people who were in Aqua class.

I definitely woulnt let the size of the balcony be a deal breaker - Im sure you'll have a fabulous time.

Lou

As the previous poster suggests, getting to know the Maitre d' is helpful. A great way to do this is to breakfast in Blu. With luck, it will be better than breakfast in Blu was on our last Constellation cruise. I had loved it previously on Connie and on Eclipse but both the food and service were poor last time and I resorted to the buffet. [i am just NOT a buffet girl anywhere.]

We've never had a problem dining in Blu on any of X cruises. We typically book a Royal Suite and on the first day we inform our butler that we wish to dine in Blu instead of the MDR. Never been refused and never been charged. Blu on Millie seats about 95 at one time, is well appointed, and is actually a former part of the upper level of the MDR but you wouldn't know it. The food was excellent as was the service on our November cruise. I did hear from several fellow guests that the MDR was quite a bit better on Millie than on the S Class ships but have no personal experience to confirm that.

I just am used to small ship cabins (never been in a suite), but we like a large balcony. We always get the regular M-class afts with the huge balconies, and this time are trying Aqua in 1138, one of the new aft facers. To us the large balcony is more important than the large room.