park and cruise tampa

JJJSM

Here is a link to some Tampa park & cruise hotels.

http://www.parkingstay.com/p/tampa.html

We have stayed at the Holiday Inn Rocky Point twice and really loved it.

The hotel was clean, had a great morning breakfast and a nice pool area that overlooked the bay. The port shuttle was also very organized. It is also right next to the Bahama Breeze restaurant. The Hampton Rocky Point and Chase Suites Rocky Point are right next door.

The Best Western Bay Harbor on Rocky Point, just started a park and cruise package. I have not stayed there yet, but will in early April. This hotel is on a beach type area and each room has a private balcony. You can get a water view room for just a tad more than a city view. There is a Hulk Hogan beach bar and restaurant adjacent. They have water toys to rent etc.... http://www.bayharbortampa.com/

http://www.bayharbortampa.com/news.aspx

The Rocky Point Island area is near the airport and about a 15 min shuttle ride to the port. The area is mostly hotels and corporate, so more upscale. I would not have any issues leaving my car at any of the RP hotels.

Downtown Tampa is closer to the port but not sure if any offer a park & cruise. The Residence Inn Downtown Tampa is my fav.

www.downtowntampahotels.com

The Ybor City Hampton Inn is popular and a mile from the port.

Also, the Westshore area is another very popular area for park and cruise hotels. The area is right near the airport and near shopping and restaurants. Again, about a 15 min ride to the port.

Personally and IMHO, I would stay away from the stadium and fairgrounds areas of Tampa. Just not areas that I would want to leave my car.

It just all depends on exactly what you are looking for in a pre-cruise hotel. Some folks love a view of the bay, some want to be downtown, and some just want the convenience of shopping etc..

Have a great time.

Edited by FlaGrl4Evr

• 4 months later...

Thanks for the advice! I searched for information but was unable to learn much. You have not only given me a selection of hotels to choose from, but also on the areas. I love cruise critic! :D