Just off the Valor

cbell21219

Just off the Valor and I will be doing a comprehensive review along with a heavy does of Pictures along with our activities on the islands. Before I start that tomorrow though I was gonna open for any questions.

Yes, there was a small fire the day of our St. Thomas Port of Call and we were delayed a couple hours but it was treat to sail away from Havensight at night and watch the lights fade off.

We also had to make a emergency stop at Martinique to disembark someone who the ships doctor wanted to get to the closest hospital. We did not dock though. A pilot boat came out and was transferred off the ship.

What did you do in St Kitts? We are in the Valor in 2 weeks and still don't have a plan for this stop.

Can't wait for your review!

Went to Brimstone Fortress in the morning then drove down to Timothy Hill where you can view the Atlantic and Caribbean coming together against the peninsula of St. Kitts. Then spent the rest of the day at the Marriott. They have really nice pools and we wanted a day to relax.

I am also interested in your day at the Marriott. The cost, food and drink, beach, distance? We were thinking of Carambola Beach Club, but they don't have the nice pools like Marriott. Anxiously awaiting your Valor review!

Thanks

Looks like a great place, did you make a reservation or do you just show up? Cost to get there and to get in? Thanks.

All the beaches are public so that part is free. Although if you want to use their pools and beach chairs it's going to cost you 35.00 for a day pass. HOWEVER, I never once had anyone check us for any kind of pass. They give you a slip of paper as a pass not arm bands. The pools are amazing and very clean. Food is on the pricey side, we paid almost 40.00 bucks for lunch and it was nothing to write home about. If we are in St. Kitts again I would go back without hesitation and just not pay the day pass.

All the beaches are public so that part is free. Although if you want to use their pools and beach chairs it's going to cost you 35.00 for a day pass. HOWEVER, I never once had anyone check us for any kind of pass. They give you a slip of paper as a pass not arm bands. The pools are amazing and very clean. Food is on the pricey side, we paid almost 40.00 bucks for lunch and it was nothing to write home about. If we are in St. Kitts again I would go back without hesitation and just not pay the day pass.

Not to Hi Jack a thread. However, if you did not do the day pass how would you get in to use the facilities?

Thanks.

Looking forward to your review !

I'm on the Valor in less than 4 weeks.

Did they offer luggage express ?

I am not sure about luggage express but as soon as you walk into the bag check area the first screening line to your left I had a guy who said they will get your bag to your room within two hours if you would give them a tip. It's a box that sits on the baggage screner. I did so but I am not sure if it got there any quicker as we just dropped our bags and went back out to the Old San Juan area and didn't get on the ship until later.

Not to Hi Jack a thread. However, if you did not do the day pass how would you get in to use the facilities?

Thanks.

Just walk right through the front door. No one asks you a thing or points you in the direction your suppose to go. It's one of those times where if you look like you are suppose to be there no one will suppose otherwise. We had to ask someone where to buy the day pass from. Won't do that again. When you pull up to the front door where the cab will drop you off just walk strait through and BOOM your in the middle of a oasis of pools and a gorgeous beach.

Any word on which specific cabin(s) were affected by the fire?

Not sure. It was in the aft section of the boat and I think it was on mid to top level cabin. If I had to guess it was deck 5-8 somewhere. Again though I am not sure as we never went snooping as no one really was concerned about it other then the people in that room who were affected.

I am also interested in your day at the Marriott. The cost, food and drink, beach, distance? We were thinking of Carambola Beach Club, but they don't have the nice pools like Marriott. Anxiously awaiting your Valor review!

Thanks

Distance is not a issue anywhere on St. Kitts as it is one of the smallest Islands on the Caribbean. We spent the morning doing the touristy spots like the Forts and Timothy Hill then went to the Marriott. We spent $80.00 on a taxi and he took us wherever we wanted to go and waited on us to spend a much time at each location as we wanted. Then when we had seen everything he dropped us off at the Marriott. Food and Drink are basic beach shack food but they do have other options and it is pretty pricey cost me and the wife 40 bucks for lunch.