Where do I keep my cruise card?

AandBmom

Good information. Does the ship punch round holes or the longer flat holes used for most company ID badges?

At guest relations on the Freedom they used the long oval one like for a work clip thing. At the kids program they used a round punch.

Lanyards available on CC with quick disconnect work great. You do not need to remove from neck just unclip it. They also sell them on the ship from plain to bling depending on your comfort zone. You can wear them in or outside of your shirt/top. For evening just unclip and put in pocket if you do not want to have convention look. Purser desk will punch hole with either an oval or round punch depending on the desk personnel. Onboard ship on vacation no need for cell phone or anything else since it all goes on sea pass account.

Are these things more sensitive than hotel keys? The mag stripe card type that is, not the old fashioned key ones. ;-)

I've carried my hotel keycard next to my cellphone with no issues, cased or not. No different than my credit card.

If they are this sensitive then I feel really sorry for the cruiselines, cause even the cheapest hotel (Motel 8, & local rattraps) I've stayed at has a better card system than a multi million dollar ship system. 8-(

I have had a keycard not work and the hotel was not a Motel 8! It has to do more with the strenght of the phone, if it rings/beeps etc or it is transmitting etc. The cost of the system, is irrelevant, because it is still a strip.

I use several items to hold my Seapass. I have a hole punched in the card.

Most of the time I have it on a clip that is used to hold a golf towel on a golf bag. It looks like a shower curtain ring but works like a safety pin. Comes in all colors. I hook it through a belt loop or button hole.

Also, you may have noticed some of the staff has a clip-on, button shaped holder. The Seapass clips on it. The advantage of this is you can pull the pass out without disconnecting it. This will clip on your waistband or any edge.

On formal night, I put the Seapass through the pin part of a dressy pin and clip it to the side of my dress near the waist or somewhere it won't be too noticeable.

The first two items can be purchased for less than $1 on ebay in all colors.