I wish I had known.....

Rache.

We took onboard a portable DVD player, 3 cell phones, a blackberry, a laptop, and digital camera ....... all of which needed recharging almost daily :eek:

Okay now consider that most cabins only have two outlets and then factor in the lack of space and other stuff everywhere. Cords everywhere !!!

I did okay until the last night and inadvertently tried to charge my DVD battery pack with the re-charger from my laptop(they looked very similar :o ). I guess it does something different with the voltage becuase the DVD battery pack was a lump of melted plastic when I woke up the next morning. Lucky I didn't burn the ship down I guess ...:rolleyes:

So in answer to your question, if you intend to recharge a number of such things attach labels to cords so that in the blur of activity you don't burn the ship down.

Wow, this has been a great thread for me to read. It's such a validation of all the research I've been doing! We were the highest bidders for a HAL cruise, at a local auction, last October. We chose Alaska, because it's always been our dream destination. Never been on a cruise, never been to Alaska, and now it's almost here (Volendam 8/17)!

Before booking the cruise, I did a search for message boards and discovered CC. What a find! From reading the board, I knew to book from Vancouver, even though we live right here in Seattle (we'll be taking the train the day before), knew to find a hotel in Vancouver through Priceline (got the Hyatt for $70), and knew to book Captain Larry's whale watch in Juneau (the other excursions - helicopter to the galacier in Skagway, train to White Pass Summit, and historical cruise in Ketchikan were booked through the ship). I knew to book the Pinnacle for half price on the first night of the cruise, knew to pick up an over the door shoe holder for bathroom stuff, know about a power strip and post-it's, and I know about mix and match and layering and packing tips. :)

Thanks for the tip on the travel alarm. I need to get a new one and I like the idea of a constantly lit panel. There are mornings that we'll hit the glaciers early and I don't want to miss a thing!

Bonnie

Archived