First Review: Victory Feb. 3-8 family of 5!!

beckyk329

My family of five will be sharing a cabin on the Victory next month. We've shared a cabin before but the room will be smaller this time, so I'm really going to need to be organized. Fortunately, my oldest is a boy and will probably pack one pair of pants and one polo shirt for the mdr. :) Plus, we camp in a smaller tent, so I think we'll survive.

I enjoyed the review. You did a great job. Photos with happy people are much more interesting. We plan to hunt for all the awesomely tacky sea creatures, but I am hoping that we aren't seated too close to a topless mermaid in the mdr with our preteen boy. :eek:

Did you say there was Harry Potter trivia? We were in port and missed that on our last cruise.

Thanks for reading, and I'm sure you guys will be fine too;) Ma'am, there are naked mermaids ALL over the dining room, some are just bigger than life size and others are just over a foot.... be prepared!!! Yes HP trivia!

I sat in on it in Dec on my cruise. Omg mega hard. Im not a huge HP fan but saw movies. Most people were all going wth? With the questions. Was quite funny. But Lee was hysterical. I got the giggles a few times.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Forums mobile app

^^^ yes! These questions were not for the average HP buff! My family has all seen the movies, and the older 3 (myself, DH, DD14) have all read the books, but these questions left us all looking around like, huh:confused:? They are quite obscure, and I'm sure someone would fair better if they had just come up for air from the books:eek:

Oh Becky...it was such a sweet review and like others have said..you have a delightful family...I loved learning more about those beaches and ports and ability to get a little further from the crowds w/o renting an expensive cabana...

My favorite sis (can't help it..love them all equally) had 2 girls 9 years apart...22 and 14 now...they are incredibly close...your family has such a great time all different ages and they will always have each other...may you have many many more healthy happy years making great memories.

Could you find shade at the further away places on both beaches? or I should say both beach ports?

Signed..a too fair skinned gal....:) Sarah

Thank you for your kind words:)

We did enjoy that about this cruise too, (I guess I should have mentioned that:o) That there wasn't a lot of extra expense with the ports. All the excursions, were things that we felt would be better on are own, (like snorkeling), or things we really wouldn't use like renting cabanas or clamshells. Which brings me to your question of shade. At GT, the places we went had nothing as far as shade goes--- nada. But we really didn't need it, I love that time of year because the islands aren't baking:eek: Just a good dose of 30spf (sport). At HMC however, there are a splattering of umbrellas every so often, but you'd have to get off early to make sure you got one of those prime spots near one.

I have a 9-yr-old DD who has read all the books at least twice. (She's read her favorites three times.) If the questions are based on the books, rather than the movies, she'll destroy everyone. But having heard the obscure questions they ask in other trivia challenges, maybe even she'll have no clue.

Yes very hard! We did get a good laugh though:D Walked up there all "we got this", lol.. nope! not even close.:rolleyes: Good luck to her though!

Thanks for reading, and I'm sure you guys will be fine too;) Ma'am, there are naked mermaids ALL over the dining room, some are just bigger than life size and others are just over a foot.... be prepared!!!

At least we'll be prepared. I guess it's no different than an art museum, just tackier. :)

At least we'll be prepared. I guess it's no different than an art museum, just tackier. :)

^^^ lol:p

It wouldn't be so bad if there weren't so many! Honestly after the first night I didn't notice, just wasn't on my mind to pay attention. But I'm guessing your son might, as mine sure did!:o BOOBS EVERYWHERE!:eek:

The kids waiting on the infamous jerked chicken at Jack's. I can't tell you anything, ( forgot to mention I am a vegetarian ) but my crew said it was wonderful!

I'm veggie too, I hope you tell more of your veggie experience on Carnival.

I'm veggie too, I hope you tell more of your veggie experience on Carnival.

I wish I had of thought more about including that aspect. For now I can hardly remember, lol:rolleyes:. See, I am old! I will say this, IMO, most of the apps

are tastier than the entrees! I believe it was elegant night, imo the worst, that the veg option was lasagna, :eek:. It was horrible, instead, I sent it back (the only meal I've ever sent back) and got 2 orders of the beet carpaccio. Which I believe to be WONDERFUL:D Of course I love bleu cheese. Another meal that impressed me was of course the tofu steak, very, very tasty. The enchiladas are wonderful, and the chili rellenos is great, on some ships:rolleyes: oh, make sure you grab your tomatoes and mozzarella when it comes up! Bottom line you will not go hungry and not be stuck with a salad all week! Of course there is the indian veg. option every night, which is VERY good, and always there, but it differs nightly and you don't know what you get until you get it:confused:

The hardest meal was breakfast, even though I'll eat, and enjoy cheese when I eat out, including vacations:o, I am a vegan at home. No dairy of any sort, (cheese, milk, ice cream, yogurt) or eggs. And although I cheat with the cheeses, I cannot stomach milk or eggs.

Anything else along those lines that I missed, please ask and I will be happy to further discuss, but I know you'll be fine!

Ok, I guess I could remember, lol...

Thank you for your kind words:)

We did enjoy that about this cruise too, (I guess I should have mentioned that:o) That there wasn't a lot of extra expense with the ports. All the excursions, were things that we felt would be better on are own, (like snorkeling), or things we really wouldn't use like renting cabanas or clamshells. Which brings me to your question of shade. At GT, the places we went had nothing as far as shade goes--- nada. But we really didn't need it, I love that time of year because the islands aren't baking:eek: Just a good dose of 30spf (sport). At HMC however, there are a splattering of umbrellas every so often, but you'd have to get off early to make sure you got one of those prime spots near one.

Thanks sooo much..with some form of my group...not all for that is just impossible due to everyone's opinions with b-in-laws etc...but at some point with some form of my group this auntie is going to take a cruise..maybe with great nieces and nephews...and this travel report helped with so many great ideas..both for myself and my group dream and a good buget due to terrible flight costs...thanks sooo much again...Sarah:)..The great WHITE wahine..LOL:o.

PS..another sweet sister.."Becky also" has the first great niece and nephew through her 2 boys and has one gal still in high school....Sarah

PSS...Also in the Northern climates...we would do better with your timing...but have to see always about schoolteachers in our bunch..Sarah

Edited by sjn911

Thanks sooo much..with some form of my group...not all for that is just impossible due to everyone's opinions with b-in-laws etc...but at some point with some form of my group this auntie is going to take a cruise..maybe with great nieces and nephews...and this travel report helped with so many great ideas..both for myself and my group dream and a good buget due to terrible flight costs...thanks sooo much again...Sarah:)..The great WHITE wahine..LOL:o.

PS..another sweet sister.."Becky also" has the first great niece and nephew through her 2 boys and has one gal still in high school....Sarah

PSS...Also in the Northern climates...we would do better with your timing...but have to see always about schoolteachers in our bunch..Sarah

You're very welcome ;)

Loooove cruising that time of year. Great escape from the white death:D:eek:

Edited by beckyk329

Great escape from the white death!!!!!

LOLOLOL...

And it is grey out there again NOW!!! Monday or Tues is was a bit more snow..better be a tiny tiny bit now...so over it this year...LOL..Sarah

Loved your review. Grand Turk is one of our favorites...LOVE Governor's Beach (it wasn't crowded when we were there either...maybe 10 people tops).

I am soooooo over the white death!!!

:)

Thank you! I'm afraid sooner or later our secret is going to get out!:eek:;):rolleyes:

Great review and gorgeous family, all of you.

FYI, I'm not vegetarian but eat vegetarian a lot. I love tofu and I too have never mastered cooking it. It's always too mushy. Someone told me it's the type of tofu you use, but I still suck at it. Lol. I'll have to try the tofu steak on my cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You're review was awesome! I'm traveling on the Victory in August 2014 with my girlfriends and your review has me so excited. The ship looks great! Other people's reviews make it sound like the thing is falling apart at the seams.

Also you're family looks great and super fun. You gave me some great ideas and moments to look forward to when my DS gets older and can go on cruises with me and his dad. He's only 3 right now so I'm not taking him for a while. That makeshift dressing room by the bathroom was a bomb idea!

Thanks for the review hun!