First Review: Victory Feb. 3-8 family of 5!!

beckyk329

Really loved the review!

We did a similar itinerary on Victory last October, except swapping HMC for LSC. Grand Turk is pretty awesome for a fun relaxing beach day, and I'll happily take CocoCay/LSC any day for snorkeling, or HMC for a perfect fine-sand beach day!

You were in the right spot; the aft pool on Victory is NOT adults-only.

Liberty's aft pool and hot-tubs WERE adults-only in October 2012 and we really loved that, but it could have changed since then. Anyone know for sure?

Thank you :) and thanks for the clarification on the pool situation too.

i admit, I popped in here to see how anyone can get 5 in a cabin and I've been mesmerized by your awesome review!

Your son has a permanent smile on his face! So precious! Looking forward to reading more.

Thank you very much! 5 is easy for us, but I wouldn't do it with anyone else besides my own kids. No way with friends or anything. I couldn't handle that, lol:eek: And unfortunately for both of us, that was the end of our cruise and thus, this review:( Thanks again for the wonderful compliments!

Becky - just another person wanting to chime in and say how much I enjoyed the review and your family! We also took our guys on a few cruises back when they were young, including the Big Red Boat! (Both for our honeymoon pre-kids in 1988 and then again in 1998 with the 3 boys!).

Alas, they're all in college now and I actually just booked a separate Carnival cruise for the older two and friends for their Spring Break out of California. I got one of the free cruise offers so my husband and I will be doing the Victory in just 9 days (exactly a month after your cruise) and can't wait! I am surprised that the ports are changing that fast though - we do Grand Turk, HMC & Nassau. Were you scheduled for that or did they just change the itinerary? Due to the offer, we just booked last week and I feel way behind the power curve so enjoyed catching up with your review - thanks so much for sharing!

Becky - just another person wanting to chime in and say how much I enjoyed the review and your family! We also took our guys on a few cruises back when they were young, including the Big Red Boat! (Both for our honeymoon pre-kids in 1988 and then again in 1998 with the 3 boys!).

Alas, they're all in college now and I actually just booked a separate Carnival cruise for the older two and friends for their Spring Break out of California. I got one of the free cruise offers so my husband and I will be doing the Victory in just 9 days (exactly a month after your cruise) and can't wait! I am surprised that the ports are changing that fast though - we do Grand Turk, HMC & Nassau. Were you scheduled for that or did they just change the itinerary? Due to the offer, we just booked last week and I feel way behind the power curve so enjoyed catching up with your review - thanks so much for sharing!

Cool!:cool: Oh the Big Red Boat!! Waiters dancing to Hot Hot Hot with fires on their heads, lol:D what memories! Time sure does fly. Lucky you on the free cruise, I wish one would hit our home, but alas, -sigh -moan- groan... it hasn't. But I hope you have a blast and I'm pretty sure that was what the cruise was originally (HMC & Nassau & Grand Turk). We booked in November and that's what it was (just LSC & Grand Turk) at that point. But thank you for your sweet words, I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Edited by beckyk329

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sorry but for some reason none of your pictures are showing up for me. There is a statement from Photobucket instead about upgrading to get a different band width. Can you possible make the photos visible? I'd love to see your family and your adventures.

I'm sorry but for some reason none of your pictures are showing up for me. There is a statement from Photobucket instead about upgrading to get a different band width. Can you possible make the photos visible? I'd love to see your family and your adventures.

I fixed it! Had to do a photobucket upgrade. Hope you enjoy!!

Anyone have any advice on how to avoid paying for this and doing your review, I was thinking of doing one on our upcoming Elation trip:confused:

I loved your review! Your pictures of GT are confirming my decision to head to Jack's Shack in May on the Liberty. We might even head further down like you guys did based on your pics. Beautiful family too!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I fixed it! Had to do a photobucket upgrade. Hope you enjoy!!

Anyone have any advice on how to avoid paying for this and doing your review, I was thinking of doing one on our upcoming Elation trip:confused:

Thanks, now I will be able to enjoy ther full effect of your adventures.

We head up to the Lido for our last buffet breakfast of this trip:(

These pictures of Cassidy kill me every time I see them. She looks just like some diva who's partied way too hard.

P2070706_zps26ad854b.jpg

P2070707_zpsef0a28e1.jpg

OMG...... these pics are ADORABLE!!!!! Too funny! I was on the Victory in January and agree with you completely! We had anytime dining and the first night we sat with menus for a while, then apps for a while...It was the worst service ever! We ended up leaving without dessert after 2 1/2 hours. I just couldn't wait any longer. We also got the racial, as well as gay slurs with the comedy shows and walked out of nightly shows (we went to 2 and they were bad, so we never went back)

It's also nice that you hang out around the ship with your family. We went with a group of 10 ppl and me and dh were in one room and my 3 kids 20dd- 13ds-11ds were in a room across the hall. We only saw them on port days cause the younger ones stayed in the kids club till it closed at 1am. We would randomly see my 2 boys when we were on deck eating or in passing. They never wanted to hang out with us! lol

Ok so here come our elegant night pics. Now before anyone points fingers, I don't care:rolleyes: Not trying to sound harsh, but if you tell me my boys aren't dressed up enough, well you're wasting your time. They did the suit and tie thing the first couple trips. It's just gotten so comfortable and a cruise isn't a "cruise" anymore, it's just our vacation, I hope that's understandable. So as long as the have on slacks and a collar, this Mom doesn't care. Now us girls like wearing our dresses, but even those have gotten relaxed. More fun dresses that can go in the washing machine vs. anything that needs to go to the dry cleaners when we get home!!!

These fake smiles drive me nuts! But she's still cute..

P2040120_zps9404fcf3.jpg

She's getting so grown up... too pretty!

P2040121_zps49d4dc17.jpg

Mommy/daughter selfies!:cool:

P2040125_zps3488735c.jpg

P2040122_zps3be5eb00.jpg

I live in florida and getting my boys to wear pants of any kind is going to be the death of me. I've decided to pack one pair of khakis and two polo shirts each and if they don't want to go to to dinner with us, then they can stay in the room or go to the kids camp. I'm not going to force them this time. I already told them but ugh, you thought I was telling them to go mow the grass, put on some pants is like a bad word in our house! LOTS OF LOVE

I loved your review! Your pictures of GT are confirming my decision to head to Jack's Shack in May on the Liberty. We might even head further down like you guys did based on your pics. Beautiful family too!!

Thank you :)I would highly recommend exploring a bit, I even think next time we might do the golf cart thing, so we can check out the other beaches.

OMG...... these pics are ADORABLE!!!!! Too funny! I was on the Victory in January and agree with you completely! We had anytime dining and the first night we sat with menus for a while, then apps for a while...It was the worst service ever! We ended up leaving without dessert after 2 1/2 hours. I just couldn't wait any longer. We also got the racial, as well as gay slurs with the comedy shows and walked out of nightly shows (we went to 2 and they were bad, so we never went back)

It's also nice that you hang out around the ship with your family. We went with a group of 10 ppl and me and dh were in one room and my 3 kids 20dd- 13ds-11ds were in a room across the hall. We only saw them on port days cause the younger ones stayed in the kids club till it closed at 1am. We would randomly see my 2 boys when we were on deck eating or in passing. They never wanted to hang out with us! lol

Thank you!:D I'm sorry you experienced this as well. But it's funny, I'm in a group on FB and someone just got back from the Victory and said that too. I have know idea what's up with that crew:confused:

Thank you :)I would highly recommend exploring a bit, I even think next time we might do the golf cart thing, so we can check out the other beaches.

Getting a golf cart is a great idea, thanks!