What emails should I have from RCI?

SMN73

Hi all...

I booked my first cruise online. I never received an email confirmaion of my booking. In an unrelated call to customer service the rep emailed me one. I've paid it off early and never received an email of my payment. I've also booked dining reservations, and bought a $200+ drink package. Still no email confirmations.

Is that common or should I be getting emails for things I do? Not having an email that I've paid in full is making me a little nervous.

Thanks!

Hi all...

I booked my first cruise online. I never received an email confirmaion of my booking. In an unrelated call to customer service the rep emailed me one. I've paid it off early and never received an email of my payment. I've also booked dining reservations, and bought a $200+ drink package. Still no email confirmations.

Is that common or should I be getting emails for things I do? Not having an email that I've paid in full is making me a little nervous.

Thanks!

I don't know about dining reservations, but you should have gotten a confirmation when you bought the drink package.

Royal's automated email system has had problems in the past. I'd call customer service again, and ask them to send you an updated invoice (to show full payment), and also confirmation of your drink package.

Have you set yourself up with a Log-in on the RC website? If you do that, and enter your reservation number, you should be able to see all the stuff you've done in your Pre Cruise Planner each time you log on.

That's a way to confirm things yourself, but it doesn't excuse them not emailing you confirmations!:(

Judy

Have you set yourself up with a Log-in on the RC website? If you do that, and enter your reservation number, you should be able to see all the stuff you've done in your Pre Cruise Planner each time you log on.

That's a way to confirm things yourself, but it doesn't excuse them not emailing you confirmations!:(

Judy

Yes, I've done that...that's how I know they have my email address (I thought so at least. lol). I've been reading posts about final balances being higher, etc with all the glitches and I got nervous. I will call them and ask for emails for all the things I've done to date.

I had a similar problem with my reservation and had to call them up. The representative was very helpful and stayed on the phone with me while she e-mailed me a fresh invoice showing payment in full. I'd recommend giving them a call for sure.

In our case, I hadn't received an invoice and the price of my cabin kept changing when I'd log in. I had paid in full, but something was out of whack with my state discount and it would intermittently show a balance due. Definitely don't let that sort of thing happen - get an invoice!

I called and got an invoice with all my purchases to date. So all is good in that regard. In fact, in conversation I mentioned that my daughter didn't know our May cruise was happening yet because I was giving it to her for her birthday this weekend. So Glen, the CSR, added to my reservation that we were celebrating her birthday (I thought that I couldn't do it since it wasn't close to her actual date).

I have to say..I'm super picky about customer service and the reps I've talked to from RCI have been nothing short of amazing. Other than computer glitches which were fixed easily, this has been a great experience so far. :)

Yes, I've done that...that's how I know they have my email address (I thought so at least. lol). I've been reading posts about final balances being higher, etc with all the glitches and I got nervous. I will call them and ask for emails for all the things I've done to date.

Yes, definitely call them and verify everything and try to get email confirmations while you're on the phone. I had that situation with a change of phone number causing my final balance to change and just got it straightened out! The computer has been doing strange things recently.

It's sad that this is happening to you as a first time cruiser. I hope you have a wonderful cruise, and also hope your second booking will be much smoother!:)

Judy

Edited by foxgoodrich

I'm about 95 days out from my Oasis cruise. When filling out the pre-cruise documentation I find no link to print our set and sail pass. Is this brcause we haven't hit final payment yet or a issue I should be concerned about?

I'm about 95 days out from my Oasis cruise. When filling out the pre-cruise documentation I find no link to print our set and sail pass. Is this brcause we haven't hit final payment yet or a issue I should be concerned about?

Correct - you will be able to print the Set Sail pass after you make final payment. Your cruise document package will be available about 7 weeks prior to embarkation.

Edited by joepeka