Liberty to replace Navigator

Interesting - we have all been waiting for some official word on this rumor. Seems to make sense. I would bet the itineraries will be the same - there just aren't that many to pick and choose from Galveston. We are happy with the itineraries anyway! Roatan and Cozumel are definite faves.

Interesting - we have all been waiting for some official word on this rumor. Seems to make sense. I would bet the itineraries will be the same - there just aren't that many to pick and choose from Galveston. We are happy with the itineraries anyway! Roatan and Cozumel are definite faves.

I like both ports, but you know how it is...once you do it many times something new would be nice! I wonder if doing the Bahamas itinerary with key west like how serenade does it out of new orleans is doable? ports are very close, but there are probably issues I don't know about.

Just learned off of Navigator from loyalty ambassador that Liberty of the Seas will be replacing in 2015!! Finally a freedom class in Texas! Wonder if the itineraries will be the same...:D

We are booked on Navigator in 9 weeks, I think I will book that while we are on board, have been wating to sail her.

I like both ports, but you know how it is...once you do it many times something new would be nice! I wonder if doing the Bahamas itinerary with key west like how serenade does it out of new orleans is doable? ports are very close, but there are probably issues I don't know about.

According to NOAA:

Key West - New Orleans: 613 miles

Key West - Galveston: 775 miles

So "very close" is debatable, that's 162 miles additional travel - each direction. I can't say whether or not its doable and reasonable or not though.

http://www.nauticalcharts.noaa.gov/nsd/distances-ports/distances.pdf

According to NOAA:

So "very close" is debatable, that's 162 miles additional travel - each direction. I can't say whether or not its doable and reasonable or not though.

yeah i am not sure in terms of cruise distance, but i just got off serenade and had a bridge tour and the captain said if they really wanted they could be in port at like 11 o clock at night, so i think if planned correctly, it could be done! wishful thinking, haha!

The Magic does that itinerary and the Rhapsody went to Key West when it sailed from Galveston. So it is doable. I would love for them to do the Key West port again.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

According to NOAA:

For NOLA you have that long river to travel whereas you can (theoretically) maintain full speed almost all the way to Galveston so travel times might not be very different:D

I just wish they'd do various length runs out of Galveston, both long and short.

Edited by pspercy

For NOLA you have that long river to travel whereas you can (theoretically) maintain full speed almost all the way to Galveston so travel times might not be very different:D

I just wish they'd do various length runs out of Galveston, both long and short.

I agree! Some different length Galveston cruises would be awesome. 5 days to grand cayman and Cozumel and a 9day Bahamas with San Juan and key west would be great! Or even throw in labadee

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There are plenty of other ports to chose from, RCI just has to decide to make itineraries longer than 6 & 7 nights from that port. There are cruises to Eastern & Western Caribbean all the time from Baltimore & Cape Liberty, it just takes 9 & 10 night cruises to make it happen. They could easily do the same Eastern Caribbean itineraries from Galveston in about the same distance and time length.

The RC website shows Navigator cruising from Galveston through April 2015. I guess Liberty will be deployed sometime after that.

We sailed to the Eastern Caribbean on a 7 day cruise from Galveston in 2011 on the Carnival Conquest. It was a nice experience.

It will be nice to have a new ship to try. We haven't sailed on the Freedom class yet.

Happy cruising!

Isn't Liberty a bit big for Key West? :confused:

I believe so. It seems like the Voyager class is barely manageable for Key West. I know Mariner did a test run to Key West a few years back without passengers, but a Voyager class ship has never called in Key West.

It's not going to happen with Liberty.

I'm not calling anybody out, it's just so funny that a few years ago when Galveston had no ships, people were saying they would give anything for a Vision class ship doing any cruises from Galveston. Now there's a Freedom class ship coming and people are "bored" with the itineraries :p :rolleyes:.

That's extremely interesting. Galveston and NOLA are both driving range for me. Barely in the case of NOLA, but that's ok.

Very interested in the Galveston and New Orleans Ports growing and getting a bigger variety of ships. I can drive the distance, and airfare to these ports aren't so bad either. Of course flying to Galveston then taking a 45 - 1 hour ride to the port is a factor, but not a big one at all. How long does it take to get from New Orleans airport to the port? Anyone know?

Thanks,

Janet

Very interested in the Galveston and New Orleans Ports growing and getting a bigger variety of ships. I can drive the distance, and airfare to these ports aren't so bad either. Of course flying to Galveston then taking a 45 - 1 hour ride to the port is a factor, but not a big one at all. How long does it take to get from New Orleans airport to the port? Anyone know?

Thanks,

Janet

About 20-25 minutes.

I

I'm not calling anybody out, it's just so funny that a few years ago when Galveston had no ships, people were saying they would give anything for a Vision class ship doing any cruises from Galveston. Now there's a Freedom class ship coming and people are "bored" with the itineraries :p :rolleyes:.

Not me. I'm super excited. I live in Houston. If this is all true, when do you guys think they will start showing it so we can book?

Debbie

About 20-25 minutes.

Not to thread jack, but the name "Topo Gigio" too cool

"rock... rock... rock... del quesito" my kids love him.

Back to the topic at hand, Liberty would be great it also has the dreamworks experience which my kids want to try.

Edited by mrBit