Sailing on Carnival Legend/8 day E.Caribbean

Ok guys, wife and I and family members booked our first cruise to sail out of NY on board the Carnival Legend. We are going to dock in San Juan, St. Thomas and Tortolla. Anyone ever do this trip? Any suggestions for first timers? What are your experiences and "must haves" when you sail? If you have done this trip any favorite places in these ports or definite shore excursions? :confused:

ANY info. is appreciated.... we are very excited and can't wait altho' we aren't going til next June. :D

Hi - We'll be boarding the day you debark. This will be our third Carnival cruise, second out of New York. Assuming you're driving, make sure to drop off your luggage with a porter before going up to the parking deck - that was our first mistake! As you get closer to your cruise, you can check out the "roll calls" boards to see whether any other CCers are sailing with you; on our last cruise - or start your own roll call. We were able to meet another couple with whom I'd been chatting with on the boards.

On both our previous cruises, we managed to overpack. There are lots of good posts on these boards about what to pack. There are also laundries on each passenger deck, so you don't need to pack 6 days' worth of clothes.

Hope this is a start - I'd be happy to help with questions!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived