Tell me about the Majesty VS NCL Sky

glituner32

Since the search function is disable right now, can you guys tell me about the Majesty. Looking to book a 3 day cruise. I've been on the NCL Sky, the Majesty has basically the same itinerary. Trying to figure out if I should book the Sky again or try the Majesty.

Thanks

Since the search function is disable right now, can you guys tell me about the Majesty. Looking to book a 3 day cruise. I've been on the NCL Sky, the Majesty has basically the same itinerary. Trying to figure out if I should book the Sky again or try the Majesty.

Thanks

I've been on both. Personally I prefer Royal Caribbean over NCL, however Majesty is an older ship than the sky. honestly the only thing the Sky offers that the Majesty doesn't is balcony staterooms. Other than that the entertainment is the same, the food is much better on Royal Caribbean than it is on the Sky IMHO.

Don't know what your likes/dislikes are, or what your limitations are, but I would DEFINITELY take RCI over NCL any day.

My suggestion would be to look at the 4-night on either the Vision or the Brilliance.

You will ABSOLUTELY LOVE the Brilliance of the Seas - it will Knock Your Socks Off!

Hope This Helps.

I've been on both more than once and whole heartedly recommend Majesty over the Sky. You know about Sky, so I won't tell you what you already know.

Majesty does not have standard balcony rooms available, but I highly suggest booking a category SO room on deck 9. They are much larger, have a small couch, and the hallway is rather quiet due to a lot less rooms.

There are no specialty restaurants on Majesty like Sky has. The alternative dining options are the Copmass Deli (free) and Johny Rockets (small charge...something like $5.00). I think the buffet is much better laid out than on Sky and has a much better selection. It's an islands design, rather than a line like on Sky.

What sets Majesty apart from Sky to me is the service and ship appearance. I will not sail Sky anymore, but will continue to sail Majesty until she is gone.

The big difference is the private island. Coco Cay blows away Great Stirrup Cay. There are beaches everywhere and you can either go to a crowded beach or go find your own private beach area around the south side of the island.

Have you considered the 3 day Enchantment cruise out of Port Canaveral?

Edited by Aquahound

I would go to Ft. Lauderdale and go on the Celebrity Constellation; the Connie is a much beloved ship, which is VERY cheap for her 3-5 night sailings. She has outstanding dining, great bars and entertainment> An example is $249pp for a 5 night cruise to Mexico. :cool:

I like vacations to go, as they give a good idea of pricing, etc.

Edited by gkbiiii