Deal or No Deal

carlp

can someone explain how it's played

The objective is for the contestant to obtain the highest amount of money they believe they can, whilst the Banker is trying to minimise the amount they have to pay out. As the game progresses and more possible final values are eliminated, both the Banker and the contestant have more information to offer deals or accept deals. The contestant faces the risk of not accepting a deal may lead to smaller deals later or the final amount being lower than previous deals offered. The Banker faces the converse, the offers made may ultimately end up being greater than the contestant would have won should the whole game be played out.

You buy a Deal or no deal card before the game begins, they randomly select two people who bought the card to play in the actual game. If you are one of the lucky ones, you will select a case and then open several cases each round. Depending on what you pick, the banker will offer you an amount and you can either "Deal" and get that amount or "No deal" and continue opening more cases. It works just like the game.

For the majority of people that didn't get selected, you can still play. The goal is to match the small amounts the player opened with the values on your card. For example, if the player opened case 20 and it's one cent, and you have one cent on your card in case 20, then it's a match. If you match at least two, I think you win a photo, the more you match, the better the prize is. I won $50 once, but others have won even more...

Good luck!

Edited by nyc12345

The objective is for the contestant to obtain the highest amount of money they believe they can, whilst the Banker is trying to minimise the amount they have to pay out. As the game progresses and more possible final values are eliminated, both the Banker and the contestant have more information to offer deals or accept deals. The contestant faces the risk of not accepting a deal may lead to smaller deals later or the final amount being lower than previous deals offered. The Banker faces the converse, the offers made may ultimately end up being greater than the contestant would have won should the whole game be played out.

:confused: :D:D:D:D:D

You buy a Deal or no deal card before the game begins, they randomly select two people who bought the card to play in the actual game. If you are one of the lucky ones, you will select a case and then open several cases each round. Depending on what you pick, the banker will offer you an amount and you can either "Deal" and get that amount or "No deal" and continue opening more cases. It works just like the game.

For the majority of people that didn't get selected, you can still play. The goal is to match the small amounts the player opened with the values on your card. For example, if the player opened case 20 and it's one cent, and you have one cent on your card in case 20, then it's a match. If you match at least two, I think you win a photo, the more you match, the better the prize is. I won $50 once, but others have won even more...

Good luck!

Hi, how much does the card cost?

Hi, how much does the card cost?

$20 per card. They play 2 rounds. You can use the same card for both. All the cards being used for that session are scanned and then the computer randomly picks a card at the beginning if each game. The 1 time I played the computer randomly picked the same person twice. They bought more than 1 card. I played it once bc it was a rainy sea day and I figured it would pass the time.

• 1 month later...
Your post made me laugh, a lot! I read it several times. I admit, Im not very bright. You would have to dumb down your explanation for me to understand. Sorry. It's me, not you at all.

I got your point right away and was cracking up because I was thinking the same thing. LOL:D

You buy a card, proceed into the venue and find a seat. Immediately flip the card over sixteen times. Next hand your card to the person to your left taking the another card from the person to your right. Continue this process until everyone has their original card back. Flip your card over sixteen times again but in the opposite direction so there is equalized pressure on both sides of the card. Stand up quickly, tear your card in half, throw it on the floor, stomp your feet loudly, and at the top of your lungs yell 'DAMN I LOST AGAIN'. Run directly to the closest bar and quickly consume not one, not two, but three of the drink of the day as rapidly as possible, all while repeating 'sally sells seashells by the seashore' over and over until you have finished off all three drinks. If you mess up, you have to start the three drink count over. Winner is the person who finished off drink #3 first without falling on the floor face first. End of game. Deal? or No Deal?

Here is MY story regarding the Deal or No Deal game on NCL:

We used to watch that particular game show on TV a few years back, and when we were cruising about a year ago we decided to try the NCL version of the game. So we bought the playing cards - quite expensive, I believe it was $20.00 per card and we bought two, and then we sat in the audience to play.

They called one person up to the stage to play the game "live" - and then the rest of us opened the same boxes on our cards as the person (the boxes were numbered from 1 to 20). The audience had the possibility to win some money with their cards, but it was smaller amounts if I recall it correctly. Anyway - after the first round we thought it was over, with no winnings for us, we got up ready to leave the theater and also ready to tear the cards apart - saying to each other that THAT was a total waste of money....

Then we heard the cruise director say from the stage that they were ready to play one more round - so we sat down again, kind of shrugging our shoulders and saying to each other that since we had paid for it, then why not try it again. They asked everybody to "close" all the boxes on the card, and then they called up a new person on the stage (the card number was kind of a lottery number) - and it was ME (!) who was called up on the stage. :p

I ended up winning $323.00 - and suddenly my very subjective opinion of the NCL version of the game was changed from kind of boring to really nice....! :D:D:D

The photo collage is showing me on the stage.

481838822_collagedealornodeal.jpg.a6e10a73e7b87f70c4eed0bcb321214c.jpg

Edited by TrumpyNOR
  • Like 1

Here is MY story regarding the Deal or No Deal game on NCL:

We used to watch that particular game show on TV a few years back, and when we were cruising about a year ago we decided to try the NCL version of the game. So we bought the playing cards - quite expensive, I believe it was $20.00 per card and we bought two, and then we sat in the audience to play.

They called one person up to the stage to play the game "live" - and then the rest of us opened the same boxes on our cards as the person (the boxes were numbered from 1 to 20). The audience had the possibility to win some money with their cards, but it was smaller amounts if I recall it correctly. Anyway - after the first round we thought it was over, with no winnings for us, we got up ready to leave the theater and also ready to tear the cards apart - saying to each other that THAT was a total waste of money....

Then we heard the cruise director say from the stage that they were ready to play one more round - so we sat down again, kind of shrugging our shoulders and saying to each other that since we had paid for it, then why not try it again. They asked everybody to "close" all the boxes on the card, and then they called up a new person on the stage (the card number was kind of a lottery number) - and it was ME (!) who was called up on the stage. :p

I ended up winning $323.00 - and suddenly my very subjective opinion of the NCL version of the game was changed from kind of boring to really nice....! :D:D:D

The photo collage is showing me on the stage.

Ha! Great story. I want to play this.

I find it as entertaining to watch as the TV show. It is not the highlight of the cruise or the highlight of the day. It is ok to watch.

The group scratch card aspect you plat at your seat that permits the audience to participate is overpriced and complex.

If you liked the show on TV go to it. if you want to be on stage playing the game buy a ticket. I usually just watch.

I find it as entertaining to watch as the TV show. It is not the highlight of the cruise or the highlight of the day. It is ok to watch.

The group scratch card aspect you plat at your seat that permits the audience to participate is overpriced and complex.

If you liked the show on TV go to it. if you want to be on stage playing the game buy a ticket. I usually just watch.

I have to agree. I got there too late to buy a card, the game was already in progress. And I had a BLAST just watching. It's funny... when watching game shows on TV, I'm always like, "Geez, how do they get the audience so excited in something they have no investment in?" But I kinda get it now... it's FUN to cheer someone on, fun to shout "NO DEAL" at the top of your lungs. I had a great time... when I'm on the Gem in September, I'm going to make sure to get a card and play instead of just watching!

Richard/Tralfie

Lol, we were the big winners of.................. :D:eek::D.

The first contestant won one hundred-something dollars.

My hubby was the second contestant during the game. The audience was getting into it so he kept saying "no deal". It was so much fun! More than worth the price of a card, in my opinion...but I do fall into the group mentioned above - that if you enjoyed the television show, you'll probably enjoy the one on board :).

We'd play again.

Edited by Azure Moon