Tampa Airport

Jenhem31

I fly to/from Tampa several times per year and can tell you that there is not a shop to buy wine inside the airport.

The closest stop from the airport to the port would be the Walgreens at

Westshore Blvd and Kennedy Blvd. They have a pretty fair selection of wine plus soda, water, snacks etc... After your stop, just tell your taxi driver to continue down Kennedy to the port.

If you take a taxi, you may not get the flat rate of $25 from TPA to the port due to a stop, BUT, if you do a quick in & out, it shouldn't be much more. If there are two of you, have one person get in line and the other do the wine grab. This will save some time. Just a tip, get the Walgreen's saver card, if you do not already have one. They do have some great deals on wine. Also, if you are Military or ex-Military and have your ID on you, you will receive an additional discount on top of the super-saver card.

BTW: Here is a link to the stores, shops and restaurants at TPA. There is a Wine-Bar but do not believe that they sell by the bottle. There is also the

Marriott connected to TIA. You may call them and inquire. http://www.tampaairport.com/shops/

Good luck.

Edited by FlaGrl4Evr

I'm not sure if any airport has alcohol stores in general, BUT the Tampa port is next to a shopping center. In fact, during our carnival transfer from the airport, the driver made it a point to mention about a wine shop there. We stopped there and got a couple bottles before boarding. There was actually a great selection there.

If you get to the port early enough, stop there and buy some.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Walgreens has a terrible wine selection. Don't waste your time there.

If you actually want a somewhat decent selection, I'd suggest you stop at the ABC Fine Wine & Spirits on Kennedy or the Publix Super Market on Bayshore.

Really, I'd recommend Total Wine, but the one in Tampa is a bit out of the way.

I'm not sure if any airport has alcohol stores in general, BUT the Tampa port is next to a shopping center. In fact, during our carnival transfer from the airport, the driver made it a point to mention about a wine shop there. We stopped there and got a couple bottles before boarding. There was actually a great selection there.

If you get to the port early enough, stop there and buy some.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

If you are talking about the shops at Channelside Bay Plaza, I don't believe that there is a wine shop there anymore. the plaza hasn't been doing well the last couple years and many shops have closed.

Walgreens has a terrible wine selection. Don't waste your time there.

If you actually want a somewhat decent selection, I'd suggest you stop at the ABC Fine Wine & Spirits on Kennedy or the Publix Super Market on Bayshore.

Really, I'd recommend Total Wine, but the one in Tampa is a bit out of the way.

Yup, forgot about the ABC- much better selection, but not sure if they are opened on a Sunday, but know that Walgreens is.

Also, not sure if the OP is cruising out on a Sunday. I just assumed and we all know what that means. :)