SUCCESSFUL - Shore Excursion Best Price Guarantees

mnsweeps

Can I just ask why you would choose the cruise excursion over a private one even if they are the same price.

I can undertand if it is a long day or a long way from the port, but otherwise, I would take the private one even if it was more expensive than thru the ship.

Example, my last cruise, we had a private excursion that was also offered thru the ship. The private one was 10 less. The ship excursion people had about 50 people in their group, we had 8. Our group was already in the water before the cruise people had their equipment. So even if the ship excursion had been the same price, I would still rather have the private one.

Can I just ask why you would choose the cruise excursion over a private one even if they are the same price.

Loxley, not sure who you are asking specifically, but in our case it had more to do with the specific port and excursion. The dirt roads to the ruins in Belize can be rough, and I've read of private tour vehicles breaking down. I didn't want to risk missing the ship being on a private tour that was late returning. At least on a Carnival excursion, they are responsible for ensuring we make it back on time.

In Roatan, we chose a private tour for exactly the reasons you mentioned.

I am looking for successful deals in st. Kitts, Nassau and Freeport.

Thank you,

Marianne

Hello... We booked a 3 hour snorkeling adventure with Pat & Diane Tours in Freeport for July. Much cheaper than booking with the ship. Total for 7 of us was $280. Can't beat that deal.

Me 😃

Hello... We booked a 3 hour snorkeling adventure with Pat & Diane Tours in Freeport for July. Much cheaper than booking with the ship. Total for 7 of us was $280. Can't beat that deal.

Me 😃

Hi .... that's the tour I was looking at too ... $40=pp ... was wondering if carnival would price match their Freeport Reef excursion which is $79=pp .... might end up just booking with Pat and Diane though.

Hi .... that's the tour I was looking at too ... $40=pp ... was wondering if carnival would price match their Freeport Reef excursion which is $79=pp .... might end up just booking with Pat and Diane though.

I'm not sure if they will

Price match. One thing Diane did tell us when we talked to her is that they don't overbook their excursions. She said it's really just too crowded and they want to make it as enjoyable an experience for everyone.

Me 😃

I'm not sure if they will

Price match. One thing Diane did tell us when we talked to her is that they don't overbook their excursions. She said it's really just too crowded and they want to make it as enjoyable an experience for everyone.

Me 😃

That is a good point ...!

Loxley, not sure who you are asking specifically, but in our case it had more to do with the specific port and excursion. The dirt roads to the ruins in Belize can be rough, and I've read of private tour vehicles breaking down. I didn't want to risk missing the ship being on a private tour that was late returning. At least on a Carnival excursion, they are responsible for ensuring we make it back on time.

In Roatan, we chose a private tour for exactly the reasons you mentioned.

I understand doing it when special consideration is involved, but I am seeing lots of people getting it on ordinary excursions which is the part I don't understand. Why would you do the cruise excursion to a beach or whatever over a private tour?

I understand doing it when special consideration is involved, but I am seeing lots of people getting it on ordinary excursions which is the part I don't understand. Why would you do the cruise excursion to a beach or whatever over a private tour?

Since I travel alone, I probably would always stick with the excursions offered by the cruise line. The only way I would do a private excursion is if I made new friends onboard.

Sent from my SCH-R830C using Forums mobile app

Hmm interesting. Does day of the week matter? I booked the "Mi Dushi Snorkel & Sunset Sail" in Aruba for $69 per person. Their website has it listed for $39 per person, but their website also says it's available on Tuesday and Thursdays - we are going to be there on a Monday.

Why don't they just lower their prices ??

My guess would be that they’re counting on people being lazy and not shopping around. I booked the Dzibilchaltun trip on Carnival and did the price check with Auto Progresso. It would have been 119.00 without, with it’s 51.80 and thats for 2 people.

I saved $54 (4 peeps) on our Roatan excursion to Tabyana beach. Submitted my claim and had a response within 48 hours.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

What was the private excursion?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Forums mobile app

Carnival offers an additional 10% savings so for my group of five the additional 10% should be about $15 if approved.

• 3 weeks later...

We received $12.09 back per adult for the Golden Eagle Catamaran in St Maarten. Carnival price was $79 for adults and French Connection Catamaran Adventure Snorkeling had the trip for $69. Kids were much cheaper at $39.

Here is the link: stmaartenCruiseexcursions.com/stmaartencatarmaran.htm

Just successfully got the "rebate" for the Belize Altun Ha & Belize City Tour. Carnival was $59.99 and http://belizecruiseexcursions.com/AltunHa.htm was $42.50. Interestingly, I expected them to refund the difference as OBC - they credited it to my credit card instead, and now my shore excursion price per cabin shows as $81.50 instead of the original $119.98.

Was successful with the chacchoben Mayan ruins excursion in costa maya. Compared with chacchobenruins .com, carnival was I believe 81.99/pp and competitor was 55/45 pp. We have $150 in obc for the 5 of us. I think I am actually owed an additional $10 bc we have one child rate but not too bad at all!

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I put in for the guarantee for the Uxmal excursion in Progresso and received it. Price difference of $30 plus 10 percent. It was credited as obc. You do have to use it or lose it. I bought a couple of extra bracelets for the granddaughters.

Hi Hotdog....I just put in for the Uxmal price guarantee request and got denied, Carnival said the tour was an hour shorter than Carnivals tour.

Can you help me with this? What was the time you put in for it to be accepted?

Greatly Appreciated !

• 1 month later...
Hi Hotdog....I just put in for the Uxmal price guarantee request and got denied, Carnival said the tour was an hour shorter than Carnivals tour.

Can you help me with this? What was the time you put in for it to be accepted?

Greatly Appreciated !

jduran911, what was the outcome of your Uxmal request? I just submitted for the price guarantee but there is the 1 hr time difference. Did yours ever get approved?