Partila obstructed cabins on Royal Princess Emerald Deck

whatcruiseisnext

The majority of cabins on the emerald deck are fronted by lifeboats which are at the same level as the top of the balcony railing. However, some towards the aft have tender boats, which are higher and more of an obstruction. Those towards the front (E110 etc) are only obstructed by a metal railing not glass. The diagram here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=41731901&postcount=9

Shows which ones to avoid. That same thread has a couple of pictures that give you an idea of the obstruction.

Take a look at DV category or BV category. We were in E405 and thought it was a great room. Very centrally located, not obstructed at all!! the balcony was twice the size of the regular size balconies. We were very happy with this room!

Do you have a lifeboat outside your balcony rail?

We were in E701, which is starboard aft. There was a lifeboat obstructing the view forward, but there was no obstruction straight out or aft. There was a large box that stores the liferafts on the deck below. Except for the small size of the balcony,which was a common complaint throughout the ship, we were happy with the cabin.

Thanks everyone! All wonderful information. I appreciate it. We've already sailed on the Royal in a regualr balcony but needed to get some input for a future sailing in an obstructed balcony. We prefer the mid forward area. So looking at the diagram was very helpful. Thanks again.

Edited by whatcruiseisnext

NO not at all, there was nothing! If you want to private message me, I could send you a picture.

Check out the link in my post #4. It shows photos of some cabins with the lifeboats directly in front of and below the balcony.

Edited by Colo Cruiser