dress code in port intensive tourism cruise

redhydra

Hi

i have a question, i understand that cunard is a cruise line that emphasize on sophitication with a tribute to the time of ocean liner and dress code is pretty much is part of the experience especially on a transatlantic or any cruise where its the cruise it self

but what about cruise that is touristic port intensive? why i ask is because i am hoping to do a cruise for the greek island and the specific itinary i am looking for is either departing or ending in athen so i can spend a few days there and also i will probably spend some time in italy as well since a lot of these cruise leave from there. and cunard seem to be the only line to either depart of end the itinary there

also, since the cruise is a port intensive touristic where i'l spend time exploring the greek island, its culture and archeological site which will involve lots of walking, hiking and physical activity linked to exploring

if i spend 8 or 9 hour a day storming the place touring around, won't i be too tired for a formal evening? of course i could go to the king court and go to sleep

and there is the fact that i have to carry not too much stuff wich will mean, a single black suit with a tie and a white shirt Under the jacket

i guess my question is what the best strategie for cunard in port intensive and how is cunard has the same dress code that in transatlantic?

thanks in advance

Cunard don't differentiate their dress codes between different types of cruises. The choice is really yours, whether you stick to the required codes or eat in King's Court as you have mentioned. I would say that if you eat on second sitting you should have plenty of time to sightsee and eat in the restaurant. You will also experience the allure of the ship rather than being stuck away in a buffet.

Hi redhydra. You can find the dress codes for the 2014 voyages on all three ships here:

https://ask.cunard.com/help/cunard/life-on-board/dress_code_all

As has been mentioned, it really isn't too difficult to meet the dress code if you spend the day ashore with second seating dinner.

But if, some night, you feel like resting in your cabin rather than going to dinner in the dining room, there's always the option of room service in addition to Kings Court. If you book a balcony cabin, it can be quite pleasant (albeit it not terribly fancy) to have dinner on your balcony - weather permitting.

Regards,

Salacia

Edited by Salacia

I think the second sitting is a good idea , this usually would give time to shower and change for evening wear

and i forgot about room service especially since i do take a balcony cabin

I guess the best bet would be to improvise during the cruise depending how i feel then

Edited by redhydra